No announcement yet.

Advice needed. Interior lit only with cove ligthing - light leaks VRaylightMtl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This area in the red square was rendered with Brute Force on 500 and also with Global subdivs miltiplier on 4 and it took 10 minutes on that small res for that small area. Also the light seems to dissapear

Click image for larger version

Name:	lightleaks2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	843277
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
      Turning on "Detail Enhancement" in IRMap makes things about 40% better, but still getting 60% light leaks
      In the test scene you uploaded clicking "Detail Enhancement" ON got rid of 100% of the light leaks when I tried it. Maybe the problems show up in your full scene though.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

just got a mail from ChaosGroup tech support. They say: "Make sure that the "Layer:_CoveCornice" object is crossing with the wall and enable "Check sample visibility" option in the Irradiance map settings."

I did that and it now works even on "low" IRMap settings. Just "check sample visibility" by itself doesn't do much, but together with cornice cutting into the wall, it seems to be fine so far. Now just the problem with the light spilling onto the ceiling incorrectly
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Some times the simplest solutions it to make the meshes overlap each others if possible in problem areas.If they are close and the details are small it often fixes the issue.
          Two heads are better than one ...
          ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Originally posted by mike_kennedy View Post
            Some times the simplest solutions it to make the meshes overlap each others if possible in problem areas.If they are close and the details are small it often fixes the issue.
            where were you 2 days ago
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Working...
            X