XREF scene not affected by GI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XREF scene not affected by GI

I have a scene I am working on where lots of XREF scenes are loaded into the main MASTER file. The MASTER file has all the cameras and the daylight system in it. Some of the XREFs are lighting rigs for specific internal areas that we load and unload as required.

My question relates to some animated trees that we have in their own XREF.

These animated trees (TreeStorm trees within a ForestPro object) need their own lighting rig as we want to remove them from all the GI solutions. The lighting rig (at the moment) comprises of a direct light to 'fake' the sun and a dome light to 'fake' the skylight. These two lights are actually contained in the same XREF as the trees, so we have told them only to affect the ForestPro Tree object.

However, when we XREF this scene into the MASTER scene which already has its own daylight system, how do we prevent the daylight system from also illuminating the trees?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Hm, not sure how this can be done; is it possible to pick up the XREF scene in the sun exclude dialog?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 18-09-2010, 01:12 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

my reply that i posted yesterday is gone for some reasons, well i suggested to use xref objects instead xref scene then you would be able to select them and exclude them from GI calculation
      Last edited by flino2004; 18-09-2010, 10:00 AM.
      show me the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
        my reply that i posted yesterday is gone for some reasons, well i suggested to use xref objects instead xref scene then you would be able to select them and exclude them from GI calculation
        Yes, we've just started looking at this. Never really bothered with XREF objects before as we didn't really understand what the point of them was. Perhaps this situation is exactly what they were intended for?
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

I used it once, like you, i usually xref scenes but with objects you can move them around the scene if you need it.
          show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
          X