DR for hudge renderings.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR for hudge renderings.....

i have to do a large rendering for a hudge plot (2x4m). what is the best method ? calculate an irradiance map with one machine in a smaller resolution and than DR with all machines for the rendering ? or DR in the large resolution with bucket mode ? i´m not quit sure whats the best balance between time and quality.... any ideas ?

Not really know how you can do it, but... Did you ever try S-spline? http://www.shortcut.nl/redirect.php?...&page=products

It can make your life easier...

hope this helps

Comment

good idea....will look at it. thanks

Comment

HE always help everyone

He is great
        he is goncalo

Thanks goncalo great suggest
        Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

Hey goncalo...

U saying that with this software we could render like a lower rez image and then enlarge it with no Loss in quality?? did u ever try it? is it good/easy?

Cause..from what i understand on their website..everyobne would benefit from it! cut rendering times to virtually half or more!!

Nildo

Comment

the tool is great. in the end the pictures looks a bit smoothed, but thats okay. there are no big pixels and thats more important. and 120€ is quit fair. i love that tool !! i have looked at that tool several month ago, but i had no use for it and so i forgot about it. thanks goncales for the reminder !

but hey, whats better ? irradiance map or bucket mode ? no experiences about that here ? pleeaasse

Comment

to precalculate an irradiance map and then DR the image is lots faster then Bucket mode, has no visible bucket- seams and - can not render large resolutions...... (( i think vlado stated a while ago, that the memory consumption would be too big. a workaround would be to precalculate a irradiance map, and then render regions as regular netrender-jobs and reassamble the pieces.

andre

Comment

okay, sounds logic......i will do it the normal way with irradiance map, DR during the rendering and the rest with s-pline. sounds like a good plan....hope it works within the short time i have for that project. once again a project without any time for testing....

Comment

Working...
                X