No announcement yet.

3DS Max 2012 released - VRay download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned the reasons elsewhere; the first is that we are releasing service packs, not just recompiles. The second is that we want to test against the actual release version, as sometimes there are differences to the prerelease ones (and once we test, it's about a week to prepare the builds for the site). Also as mentioned, if you really need the new builds, you can email us to vray@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 10-04-2011, 10:23 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      .... Also as mentioned, if you really need the new builds, you can email us to vray@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
      Vlado

I allready did that and zori provided me with a 1.5 build which was the only available by that time ... is there a pre 2.0 build available soon since i want to use a lot of the new 2.0 features in an upcoming project?

Best regards

Björn
      Last edited by Björn Radler; 10-04-2011, 11:27 AM.
      visit my behance profile

Comment

Yep, there is now.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Just received the DVD with 2012 ... so now I'm waiting even more eagerly for the vray update.

Comment

I'm sure this has been answered many times elsewhere and it is probably the wrong thread, but will Nitrous and the MetaSL representation work with ATI as well? I'm still holding out for a Vray RT version that supports a mix of ATI and Nvidia...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
              I'm sure this has been answered many times elsewhere and it is probably the wrong thread, but will Nitrous and the MetaSL representation work with ATI as well? I'm still holding out for a Vray RT version that supports a mix of ATI and Nvidia...
              ATI does not work yet with openCL, wich V-ray RT for GPU works on.., so you are not holding out for V-Ray, but holding out for ATI.
              The good thing is that when ATI will support openCL V-Ray will work on theses cards, as other products are CUDA coded, and will never work on anything else than Nvidia.
              Alain Blanchette
              www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by thablanch View Post
                ATI does not work yet with openCL, wich V-ray RT for GPU works on.., so you are not holding out for V-Ray, but holding out for ATI.
                The good thing is that when ATI will support openCL V-Ray will work on theses cards, as other products are CUDA coded, and will never work on anything else than Nvidia.
                My bad, I thought there was a version of OpenCL for ATI that sort of worked, but that you still couldn't mix ATI and Nvidia, which is a functionality that I assumed was something Chaos needs to do.

I use a 5870 today and a GTX460 for RT which works fine and can wait for mixed functionality. On the other hand I have some graphical redraw anomalities with the 5870 and Max, and have been thinking about getting the FirePro V7800 instead, but don't want to invest more in ATI if it isn't supported by Nitrous and the newer stuff in Max 2012.

Comment

Nvidia: Support for mercury playback in Premiere, GPU accelerated CS5 features, PhysX running on Hardware, Nice Vray RT perdormance, CUDA, fast Nitrous Viewports in Max even on gaming cards, 3d vision.
                  Ati: ...
                  Last edited by tammo; 13-04-2011, 11:09 PM.
                  Reflect, repent and reboot.
                  Order shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by tammo View Post
                    Nvidia: Support for mercury playback in Premiere, GPU accelerated CS5 features, PhysX running on Hardware, Nice Vray RT perdormance, CUDA, fast Nitrous Viewports in Max even on gaming cards, 3d vision.
                    Ati: ...
                    Yeah, that's what I feel as well. But on the other hand I primarily use Revit and Max and there doesn't seem to be any professional cards from Nvidia with anywhere near the price/performance of the FirePro V7800 at $630. I do have a GTX460 in parallel that helps with the above, but if Nvidia had a reasonable pro card that would be my route.

Comment

I prefer ATI cards for the driver stability and consistent progression, but NVIDIA cards seem to carry more support for the bleeding edge technology.

Nicinus, I would say that you have the ideal setup
                      Ben Steinert
                      pb2ae.com

Comment

Officially, we'll have the builds at the end of April. However if you are in desperate, urgent and dire need for them, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com and we can get them to you sooner than that.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Vlad, I'm afraid it's almost urgent for the average Max user, as the viewport performance in 2011 makes me want to scream. Even if there are still some shortcomings in 2012, it is like night and day from what I have noticed personally. I want to wash my hands of 2011...yesterday.
                        Last edited by AbnRanger; 19-04-2011, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Mostly it will work, yes, but only for the V-Ray 2.0 builds.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          So nitrous wont work with 1.5?

Comment

Working in 2011 is horrific and 2012 viewport is such a big improvement. Looking forward to the end of April !
                            Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

+1 for me not being able to wait, I've been fighting with Nvidia over the horid performance of their Quadro 6000 in Max 2011 for months and so far 2012 is a dream by comparison!

Comment

Mostly it will work, yes, but only for the V-Ray 2.0 builds.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                I just want to point out the sense of betrayal I feel at the moment regarding 2.0, RT, and Nitrous 2012. If 2.0 where offerered as as a upgrade to 1.5 vs. an upgrade to 2.0 and RT thus reducing the upgrade cost then I would be happier than a pig in mud. And now to find out that you are force upgrading people to 2.0 because Autodesk actually created at version upgrade worthy of purchasing, WOW!, these are shady times.

Comment

Working...
                                X