No announcement yet.

3DS Max 2012 released - VRay download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has nothing to do with upgrades at all. Supporting Nitrous was a significant amount of work and implementing it required a lot of changes in the V-Ray code. It was problematic to port these changes back to the 1.5 code branch and make them work reliably. We are not forcing anyone to upgrade - we will provide a version of V-Ray 1.5 for 3ds Max 2012 (which you can get even now if you need it right away).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 20-04-2011, 10:54 PM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

people jumpin the gun.........
      i'm gonna wait for the official release of the 2012 plugin. Looking forward to it !
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

Can I ask how will one know if the update is out , as i never get a mail from chaosgroup to be honest about updates, and would appreciate it if they would do so.
        I can not rely on the reseller to do it.

Regards

phil

Comment

It is not officially released yet; when it is, there will be an announcement on the forum and we will send out emails. If you need it before that, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

hmm... is 26th of april end of the month allready ?

Comment

Not yet But, as I said, you can always get the builds if you need them.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

nhaaa just teasing i can wait 4 more days !

Comment

I've just emailed u guys. My max 2011 die under viewport work and I'm in the middle of project auc !
                  CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

its done when its done !

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
                      I've just emailed u guys. My max 2011 die under viewport work and I'm in the middle of project auc !
                      Doesn't sound like a good idea.
                      Max 2012 seems to be pretty buggy, and the new viewports are not that hot either.
                      Marc Lorenz
                      ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                      www.marclorenz.com
                      www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

The viewports may not be what everyone wants, but it's light years from 2011. It's been a year of wading through frozen molasses....absolutely abysmal. I'm waiting on pins and needles over here...

Comment

Heya

The max 2012 pretty much kick ass for me... 30 mil poly on screen and still rooling smooth. Above all it actually render and not crash like 2011... The vray for max 2012 works smooth so far so GG chaos !
                          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

hi vlado,

I´m trying to request you a copy of vray 1.5 for max2012, but I can´t send emails to vray@chaosgroup.com from my hotmail account. Please can you send it to imaje3d@hotmail.es

Thanks
                            Imaje|3D
                            www.imaje3d.es (blog)

Comment

Unfortunately we cannot send the link directly to a hotmail account like that. Can you try emailing me to vlado@chaosgroup.com (I checked that this works from my hotmail account).

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Sorry has the updated version of Vray 2.0 for Max 2012 been released yet ?

if it is not can it be made very obious where it is on the site please.
                                I always find it very hard to find whats happening , whats been released.

The announcement section is way to busy to find the latest updated.

I got a newletter the other day 0kb I presumed it was a spam or virus and deleted it, was if from chaosgroup?

Thank you

phil

Comment

Working...
                                X