Glass Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Windows

To get good looking glass windows i was wondering if you guys use a vray material, or a standard max material with a vray map in the reflection slot.
    When i use the vray material the glass renders out like a mirror. How do you control the opacity of the glass when useing a vray material.

Another question about ir maps. If you render out a 300x300 image and save the ir map, can you then turn around and render out a 3000x3000 image useing the same ir map?

Re: Glass Windows

Originally posted by gadzooks
    To get good looking glass windows i was wondering if you guys use a vray material, or a standard max material with a vray map in the reflection slot.
    When i use the vray material the glass renders out like a mirror. How do you control the opacity of the glass when useing a vray material.

I found this at another forum:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "apply a Vray material, diffuse black, reflection white (fresnell or P/P falloff map in the reflection slot (for tweaking purposes), refraction white, IOR on let's say 1.3 (if you don't come close it doesn't matter that much). Now very important, switch on "affect shadows". That's it. A face doesn't really work in Vray (double sided works in rendering but not in viewport)."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That works for see-through real glass. If you want just reflection make the refraction black (100% opaque).

Comment

Working...
    X