Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vray build and Transparency

Actually....

Being a new user of Vray... I've been working with Speed Tree ..... and I'm having a lot of problems with the transparency.....

I saw a topic where the solution was changing all the Speed Tree Materials to Vray Materials.... After 2 hours of trying to understand how it works.... I finally got a good look with the transparency in a mapped based leaf (inverting the output of the alpha map in the Refraction Slot with IOR =1 ).....

The problem is.... that with this material..... a raytraced shadow doesn't recognize the opacity map.. so the leaves shadows are displayed as the whole box of the leaves...... (when you render a Speed Tree with the standard material with Vray shadow recognizes perfectly the transparency, but you get those ugly black rectangles in the leaves.... so you don't have a solution with the material with the black rectangles and correct shadows)

Is the new Vray build supposed to fix this??? or is there something I'm doing wrong with speed Tree???

Thanks in advanced,
    Jose LUis.

the new build ,"k", have a global switch to increase the maximum transparent planes which vray will able to render without show up the BG.

that image shows the pink BG also on the planes (scattered planes with a grasstexture) ..with the new build , that issue is history.
    www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Re: New Vray build and Transparency

Jose: This was fixed a while ago, you need to check affect shadow and (affect alpha if you need that) in the vray material.
      Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Thanks a lot... I have been missing that parameter..... It's working ok....

Another question... Is there a way to speed the render time using speed tree?? I've seen that a lot of people complains about long rendering times using opacity mapped leaves..... Maybe with this new bulid you have another option... but again, there's no documentation about the new parameters ....

I've seen the Max. transparency levels and the Transparency cutoff in the global switches... but are those tools to speed up opacity mapped stuff or just for correct the problem described above in this topic??

Jose Luis.

Comment

Working...
        X