Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matte object is rendered in reflections ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matte object is rendered in reflections ??

Why is my matte plane visible in reflections? Did I set matte object correct?

Please answer me as soon as possible, my deadline is very soon.

yes, clients can't wait for their teapots these days

seriously though: matte objects work like this, they show up in reflections. What you want to do is apply a floor tile texture to your matte object. Tthat way it will both reflect the right texture, and also generate correct GI on the object sitting on it. Right now your floor is generating purple secondary illumination.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

How about turning off "generate G.I." - set to 0. See what that does.

Comment

That will just turn off GI. The purple color bleed will be gone, but the object will still show up as purple in the reflection.

Comment

ahh...thx for that hint. I've never had this purple problem.

Comment

well, you won't see a purple reflection unless you assign a purple material or color to the matte object. It's the matte object material that shows up in the reflection.

Comment

He he Egz, I just made an example with teapot since I'm not allowed to show the real stuff

The purple color is the diffuse color of the matte object (I tried to make it obvious in reflections)

I thought matte object receives only shadow from other objects, nothing more I really should get rid of matte reflections in "teapot"

Sollution would be to render once with and once without matte object and then composite those two renders in Photoshop for example. But this is extra work, esspecially because I have to render like 15 diffrent objects.

???

Comment

try turn of the visible to reflections in the max objekt properties
                Daniel Westlund

Comment

Hey roppin, that did the trick! Thanks!

but here is the next question: I'd like this matte plane to catch reflections (from teapot for example) too. How can I convince it to reflect only objects (eg. teapot) and not the enviroment (HDRI map)??

Comment

glad to help.
                    try the environment override slot in the vraymaterial.

DW
                    Daniel Westlund

Comment

Make sure you set the max override reflections to black.

gr,
                      Leon

Comment

Thanks to all for helping me. This is the best 3D community on net

Comment

Working...
                        X