Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render VRaySamplerInfo pass without AA

Hi,

I'm actually using the "VRaySamplerInfo" set to type "UVW Coordinates" to get a UV pass of my geometry. This said a UV Pass need to be rendered without any antialiasing apply to it, because the AA will generate new points along the object edges which will create some unwanted actefacts when the UV pass will be use to remap a surface in post-production for example.

Now, I need to render this pass separatly from the main render, because the only I figure to "desactive" the AA to this pass is within the render setup. There is no "consider for antialiasing" option in the "VRaySamplerInfo" like the VRayExtraTex for example.

If someone knows a workaround I will be very interested to know it, otherelse... why not add this option in the next release...
    Thanks

Just turn off its "Enable filtering" option, like for all other elements.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 02-11-2011, 10:49 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi,

I'm sorry to contradict you, Vlado, but unfortunatly, simply unchecking "Enable filtering" for the element is not sufficient. I can see a difference by enabling or disabling filtering for an element but this does not eliminate the unwanted artefacts in the VRaySamplerInfo result. I can send you some file example, if you need it.

The AA within the renderer setting needs to be disable this way before rendering that pass
      1. V-Ray: Image sampler > Type : Fixed
      2. V-Ray: Image sampler > Antialiasing filter > On (unchecked)

Adding the option "consider for antialiasing" within "VRaySamplerInfo" render element would really be a must.

Comment

Unfortunately it is not possible to do that (it will also cause unwanted differences between the rgb element). What is possible, for the next service pack, is to set a different mode for unfiltered elements where the values are taken not from the object within the pixel with the greatest coverage, but from the one that is closest to the camera.

If you don't need the filtering, why would you need the "Consider for AA" option?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uv_pass_test.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	844696Hi,

I saw the option "consider for antialiasing" within the VRayExtraTex element and I thought that this option has the effect to apply or not the AA over the pass, but I was wrong I try with and without and I can't see any difference. As it seems to have almost no documentation on each render elements options (spot3d), I'm not able to say what's its utility. By the way, it should be a good addition to add details about each render elements in the online doc...

This said, I was wrong about the "consider for antialiasing", so probably your idea about having two sets of option for AA (filtered and unfiltered) would be best. Just to know if I understand right... do you propose to add a new panel within the render setup, like under "VRay:: Image sampler (Antialiasing)" with the same options, one to be use when filtered is checked and the other when filtered is unchecked?

Moreover, I did some additional tests, my intention was to confirm if the "Enable filtering" has the same effect than the On/Off option in VRay:: Image sample (Antialiasing) > Antialiasing filter > On... and the result was almost what I thought with some little differences. By this test, I've understood that the filter only affects the outer egde, but not the inner edge. So the only way I found to do not affect inner edge is to set the image sampler type to fixed... see the attached image... the result I need to get is like the preview at the right.

Thanks again

Comment

"Consider for antialiasing" is causing the renderelement to influence the AA of the beauty. With fixed rate there is no AA in the beauty and hence no difference. This makes sense for some renderelements and causes rather harsh rendertime increasings with some.

Comment

Working...
            X