specular map...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specular map...

where in vray mtl can u have a specular mapping.....i want to creat steel with a brush metal specular map......but i dont no where to put it in the vray mtl...cuz they dont have a specular slot....do i put it in the relfection slot? or the glossiness slot? or maybe the bump map lot ?

Reflect map slot maybe?

Comment

maybe?.....dang......

Comment

sure

Comment

that would be the reflectmap indeed, but the thing is.. you will need something to reflect to see some speculars

whitecards or vray light

kinda obvious ain't it?

Comment

Originally posted by freak
            maybe?.....dang......
            Specular is a fake reflection of a light. If you want to see your "light" as a hightlight in your object you need to make it visible to reflection... which is why that optiion exists in the vray light.

Comment

Is there any info on real specular shading for VRay material in the next vesions of VRay? This thing bothers me so much (and lack of passes). I hate to use reflections (possiblly glossy) to get some simple speculars (not to mention increased rendering times).
              ChaosGroup should really take a look at FinalRender's speculars (and passes too )

Comment

Vraymtl does have "real" speculars what you want are fake ones, Do you know that by turning off trace reflections and using glossiness you will get fake specular but you wont get true reflections?
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

Working...
                X