Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can vray domelights be included as a vraylightselect pass ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can vray domelights be included as a vraylightselect pass ?

I cannot seem to get any inclusion from this light type..
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I'm rendering now light passes - it looks to work. Will re-check once I'm finish.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Cheers Dadal. I don't have a problem with inclusion from any other lights but vray dome light doesnt seem to work. I am not using the latest version of vray because of DR errors so not sure if that is the reason why..Will be interesting to know your results.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I think actually it is working but I was expecting something different. I thought you could select your light passes and just add them together in post (32 bit float) but it seems that GI is missing so what other passes do I need to render out ?
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

u need gi pass
          reflection
          refraction
          specular(maybe)

but keep beauty too and if ur comp dont work at the end just substract your beauty from comp and ull get missing pixels. Some time ago i findout that there was gi bug with vray not sure if its still there. Let me know how it goes my renders are still going hehe.

Comment

ok cool, I thought that may be the case. I'll give that a go...Im quite excited about the prospects for animation with vraylightselect.

What are you rendering that is taking so long ?
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Cars.... 10k stills, you?

Comment

Its a personal project...arch vis. I'm trying to do something a bit different to the standard arch vis images I normally do. Lot of detailed landscaping involved which is proving to be quite a challenge.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Vue? Or hand driven scattering?

Comment

I'm actually using a combination of multiscatter and hand driven with advanced painter but its quite hard to get the rocks, grass and dirt all looking realistic on a larger area.
                    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Heya

Yea my Dome does have both Specular and Diffuse so it works fine (I'm using latest nightlies btw)

As to landscape - I have to say I always find it troubling to deal with scale and distance to get the realistic look argh !

Comment

..yes, tell me about it. I usually try and do most of that kind of stuff automated (multiscatter etc) but I don't think this is going to be possible with this scene if I want it to look good. Onwards I go
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hehe

Yea scatter ftw ! Btw if u have 20km of area to cover from street view- do you scatter proxy or use texture? (keep in mind 10k res)

I was doing a lot of tests in past and its a hell of a job to get it to look good argh !

Comment

ok. Ive managed to get all my passes into aftereffects and that is fine but Im confused about the GI pass...If I have a GI pass with all light passes off it just leaves the GI pass rather than no gi. I realise this is correct but how do I do the lightpasses with GI contribution so I dont have to render the GI pass. If this is the way it is supposed to work then I would not find this very usable in production.

Regarding the large areas. This is really my first large area so Im having to experiment with different solutions. At the moment Im using proxy objects. Self built rocks and grass that use masks for position. A lot of tinkering with the mask and settings for multiscatter and also multitexture to get it to look good.

Wouln't mind seeing your render if you can show it
                            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

U dont need to disable lights and re render scene to get GI.. .Hell u need lights to get Gi in 1st place... or I understand you wrong...

All you need to do once you set up ur scene for beauty render is to tick in render elements passes like

GI
                              Reflection
                              Refraction
                              Specular
                              Shadows - optional
                              and Light select for each light - remember to change names.

And thats all you need as far as I remember to get ur render right.

Comment

Working...
                              X