Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can vray domelights be included as a vraylightselect pass ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be using irrmap and bruteforce rather than irrmap and lightcache ?

I don't understand how this would work though. If the lightselect passes don't include GI...only direct light and the GI includes all lights GI then how would the GI pass distinguish which lights were on and off and compensate the amount of GI.

For example. Say I have 3 lights. I would create 3 vraylightselect passes, one GI pass and the other passes as you mention above. Now if I bring these passes into aftereffects and turn one light pass off, the GI pass won't know this is what I have done and adjust the GI for the entire scene.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

It's a flaw in vray at the minute alright. Vlado is working on adding options into light select to include the GI contribution for the light too, but at the minute you're stuck with all the GI in one pass. Internally vray calculates it as one full solution and not from a combination of each light's contribution.

Comment

Ok..at least I know I'm not going mad Thanks for letting me know.

It really would be a great feature to have GI included...animating the lights would be great fun.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Yea GI,Reflection,Specular, and all other possible passes haha

As to landscapes I would have to dig and see if I still have test files... might take meh a while !
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Vlado. Any kind of ETA on the update to Vraylightselect ? It would be soooo useful to have this feature for the project I am working on.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
            X