rendering mosquito nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay,1st image material is simple. Standard material, diffuse grey 211
    , self illum 40, in the opacity map slot there is a checker map with 250 tiling both directions (to look good, if you increase the render resolution you should increase this one too(!) So thats it.

The other idea is, render the net with simple standard material with opacity 10-20, this will create very slight shadows and then when reuse the imap, put the material above back. Also 2nd rendertime the cast shadow should be unchecked. However on this scene doesnt really makes sense, I'll try on indirect lighting only.

Thats it for now, I'll return to this topic at night. For some improovement.

Comment

Hi losbellos,

Thanks for your input. I tried with a brick map, that resembles the real net structure more, and I get good results.

I have another problem (off topic). When you have more than 2 uvwmap modifiers on one object to control some mapping, I thought you had to use the 'map channel' numbers to say which map belongs to which modifier. I did that to put a simple texture in the diffuse slot, but the map doesn't show up (or at least not correct). I have one uvw planar modifier to control the brick mapping for the net structure, and one planar uvwmap to place the texture for the diffuse. I selected map channel=2 for both the uvw map and the diffuse texture, but it doesn't work. See screenshot:

Why isn't it working?

Thanks,

flipside

EDIT:
      The problem seems to be related to the simcloth modifier. This is on top of the modifier stack, because it needs to influence the uvw map too. If I put it below the uvwmaps, the textures work in both channels, but since the uvwmap isn't affected by simcloth this way, the textures are not mapped correctly (they just stay planar). Any ideas about fixing this?
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

I found also a good one, still checkbox. But you are very right bricks are much better, becuse the lines are thinner. This one no need to play with imap. Anyway here is the mat and the image

http://www.freeweb.hu/losbellos/mosquito.zip

Your other q I dont know, because I dont really texturing in max. Only simple things...

[/url]

Comment

To flipside

hi flipside

Excuse to all users if I ask here for technique about cloth

Can u help me with cloth?
          How do u get this kind of smooth cloth?
          Can u explain the process to get those kind of clothes

please I need it

bye and thank in advance
          Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

please....dont mention mosquitoes....i have dengue fever.

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hi losbellos, could you post screenshots of the mat settings? I can't open the file you posted, it complains about mentalray stuff and then quits max... Is it for max6, because I'm on 5?

thanks,

flipside
              Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

i write down its simpler for me, (i use now 800*600) (My big monitor died few dyas ago) So standard material, double sided checked, diffuse-ambient color grey 211, opacity slot>checker map, the colors for the checker(checker parameters rollout) is color1 is black color2 is grey 86, tiling is about 250. glossyness 10, soften 0.1
                thats it I think.
                Ah I forgot, self illumination is grey 111.
                the self illum is very important because as you see, from the checker the whole thing is very transparent, and as we say it renders quite dark. So self illum prevents this. Also because it is very transparent it renders tender shadows. Which is also good for us.

Comment

Da_Elf then you'd like the river Tisza in Hungary. Once In summer I went with a fisherman in early morning. He was warning me I should put everywhere on myslef repellent. So I put even on the clohts, hair. But, they were really like a cloud. Amazing many of them, even I had to carefully breathing otherwise I could got some into my throat.
                  Of course the Fisherman didnt use the repellent. He was just simply smooking for many years. Mosquitos didnt touch him..
                  I never forget that.

Comment

ouch. well. all it takes is that one mosquitoe with the fever and poof your sick.

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X