Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement, Greeble or manual for complex wall brick extrusion

Hi all

I have a wall about double the size of this one that needs a similar effect with "dense" extrusions on the corner, fading out the more away from the corner you go. The amount it sticks out is the same everywhere, just becomes less dense further from the corner. I can do this manually, but was hoping there could be some way to do it with vraydisplacement and maybe a gradient texture to define the "fade"? It needs to fit into brick size, so I can't just use a random gradient. Greeble could work I geuss, but that's a bit random.

Thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	wallblocks.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	876663
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

You could use particle system and gradient.

Set them to spawn on vertex positions. And use gradien to control size I think... not sure if you can. You also can use particles to spawn density, then use mesher node to mesh them to geometry and use FFD box to tweak scale... But it will create angular cuts... so you might need to tinker with it...
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

In the image you have a pattern repeating. If your new wall has that, and you can model one and then clone it, I'd definitely do it by hand. I would not use displacement when the protrusion of the bricks is so big.

But it should be fairly easy to create a mesh with the brick layout, then just select a few faces on random and then just extruding them. I'd do that, then detatch it from the main wall. Add some edgde chamfers and proper mapping to the protruding bricks. Then put a nice displaced brick wall behind. Shouldn't take more than an hour to finish, tops.
      www.whiteview.se

Comment

I would have a displaced wall as the base and model the extrusions - it's a fairly simple pattern and repeats vertically.

Comment

Use pf with a shape instance and a texture birth?

Comment

Working...
          X