VRay Automator v0.9...! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much Didjaja!

To be honest I think that the Skylight Portal isn't a checkbox you want to turn on or off in a lot of lights all at once. When you create a light you usually decide if its function is to guide the outside light into a room or if it is a direct light in the room itself.

The Store with Irradiance Map might be more useful in the script, but personally I almost never use it, because it tends to make the light's cast shadows dirty, because of the Irradiance Map reducing the shadow quality. Or am I maybe doing something wrong there?

I think adding Diffuse Subdivs is a fine suggestion. It will be easier to do it with the Automator than to first open the render dialog, scroll down to the System section, open the Object/Light settings dialog, setting the value(s) etc.. I'll add that in the next update, if the Diffuse Subdivs has its own MAXScript property.

Thanks again for your feedback. I wish more VRayers would give their opinion about the script.

Cheers,

Metin
    Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

Well Metin
      store with irradiance map is very useful when you have very lights,its very faster and you can increase vralight subdivs to have more quality.For me is very important and i use very much
      Thanks

Comment

Ok, you convinced me. Maybe tonight I'll work on a new update.

Hey Vlado, if you want me to script VRay version 1.2, just let me know, okay?

Cheerio,

Metino

Comment

Vlado, are the parameters from the Object and Light Settings dialog accessible from MAXScript? Getpropnames vray doesn't show a diffuse depth property and changing the values in the dialog doesn't show anything in the listener.

Thanks and cheers,

Metin

Comment

Ok, I now know how to access the render dialog system light settings properties from MAXScript (thanks Vlado) and will update the VRay Automator this weekend. Stay tuned to http://www.metinseven.com/menu_goodies.htm.

Cheers,

Autometin

P.S.: Didjaja, check out version 0.85 containing the Store with irr. map option (reload this page for an interface screenshot update).

Comment

Very very thanks Metin,its SUPER¡¡¡
              I hope more updates
              Thankss¡¡¡

Comment

Thanks, you're welcome.

By the way, I did some tests with the Store with irr. map option, but I keep getting bad results when the option is active. I placed a sphere on a flat box and put a spherical VRay light above it. With the option turned on (even with 20 sampling subdivisions of the VRay light and a setting of -2,-1 for the irradiance map) the result keeps being full of artifacts as opposed to turning the option off.

Cheers,

Metin

Comment

Changes in version 0.9:

Added Smooth surface shadows to the VRaylight checkbox switching group.

Adjusted the initial rollout states, in order to minimize the script's window size.

To be done soon:

Addition of the object and light settings from the VRay render dialog system rollout (Diffuse subdivisions etc.).

Cheers,

Metin

Comment

I posted this in a different thread but I figured this is where it should go

Would you consider making the script run on scene materials as well as selected objects. I can list the materials in the scene but the script don't apply since they are not regular objects but proxy.

-lander

Comment

This reply is also already in the other thread, because I read that first ...

Hi Lander,

A French MaxScripter named Werwack has kindly taken over development of the VRay Automator, as I can't find the time anymore to update it and besides I'm not a real scripter anyway. The script was just a small adventure into the world of MaxScript to prove to myself that I can still program a little bit.

You can find future updates here:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/werwack/maxscript.htm

Cheers,

Metin

Comment

thanks, ok good.

(I only replied in here. Inside information)

-lander

Comment

Working...
                        X