Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to modify all material interpolations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to modify all material interpolations?

Hi,

the new VfR 1.5 allow to use material refl/refrac interpolations. If I setup a scene with max rate -1 at many materials and later my client ask me for a high res rendering, how would I set the interpolation at -2 ... is there a multiplier at 3dsmax? Or is it done by script? If yes, could a global interpolation multiplier added, so that SDK/plugin user don't need scripts too?

Regards,
    Micha
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

You can apply maxscript to change any parameters in the vray material. to change the refl/refr interpolations just run this little script:

for i in (getclassinstances vraymtl) do
    (
    i.reflect_minRate = 0
    i.reflect_maxRate = 1
    i.refract_minRate = 0
    i.refract_maxRate = 1
    )

regards
    fikret

Comment

I think Olly's script can do this.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...terial-Control

Comment

Thank you for the infos. So there is no direct way to change the interpolation per global option yet.

Vlado, please could you add an option to the Vray core / SDK so that the plugin user can profit by a quick and easy implementation?

Comment

You mean like an interpolation override?
          To change the individual values in the materials a scripted solution is direct enough, I think.
          www.hofer-krol.de
          Visualization | Animation | Compositing

Comment

From the renderman standard I know, that a simple option at the SDK can help to save developing time at the plugin side and help to avoid bugs. So, less developing power would be needed at the plugin side and more at the core side, where all user profit.

Comment

I think the menues would be too overload if every little tool and helper would be implemented in the renderer.

Comment

But somewhere must be placed the feature and from Rhino I know, that it is cumbersome to keep the oversight over all the little scripts and tools, so finally at least I would needed at the Vray for Rhino toolbar.

At the moment there is no script available for VfR and the developing team has all hand full to fix bugs. So, instead writing scripts for Rhino and SketchUp a little SDK code could be very helpful. I'm on the user end and have the problem now, that the interpolation of many materials need to be changed for small preview renderings and the high res ones. Adding features at the plugin side could be possible in very long time only, but I hope the core team has more power to help that needed features can be added soon. My hope is, that more can be done at the SDK side within a practical time frame. The advantage of adding more SDK functions are: the plugin team need no additional programmer instructed and all other plugin developer can profit (Cinema4D, Maya, SU).

Comment

Originally posted by Micha_cg View Post
                  Vlado, please could you add an option to the Vray core / SDK so that the plugin user can profit by a quick and easy implementation?
                  I'll think about it; it's not too difficult, but an option here, an option there, then people complain that V-Ray is too complex to use

It may be useful to control other material properties globally, so perhaps we need to think about this in a somewhat more general way.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ideally I think that something like the VMC script is the best way to handle it, but of course it's a bit more complicated to code.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you. I'm very curious for a solution.

Comment

Working...
                      X