Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish: disabling LC calculation at spawners

Hi,

could it be possible that the LC calculation is disabled or set to a very small subdiv amount only? It cause problems, if the LC passes are set to a high core count like 32 for a DualXeon. The master machine finished the LC pass, but the spawner are working endless on the LC pass and some times the whole image is calculated by the master only.

A first quick solution could be, that the subdiv count is set at a very low value for the spawners only, so that the spawners are ready with the LC pass in a few seconds. Or is it a problem for RT?

I'm looking for a quick solution and my hope is that the spawner is coded by the core team and not by the small VfR plugin teams.

Regards,
    Micha
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Sometime I've the same problem with my Dual Xeon quadcore (4core x 2 CPU).
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

If the slaves machine (where the spawner is) calculate different LC map quality there will be difference between the final image buckets. If you do distributed rendering.
      It will be best if you could calculate the LC map on the main machine and set all the nodes to use this LC (from file).
      Best regards,
      Zdravko Keremidchiev
      Technical Support Representative

Comment

I understand the problem, but I do a lot of renderwork (that's why I bought the Xeon) and fiddling around with saving cache files cost a lot of time and mental energy.

OK, so it seems to be not so easy to fix, but it must be fixed. Vray is a modern engine, so it should be ready for the latest hardware too.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward it to the developers.
          Best regards,
          Zdravko Keremidchiev
          Technical Support Representative

Comment

Originally posted by Micha_cg View Post
            Vray is a modern engine, so it should be ready for the latest hardware too.
            It is - provided that your render slaves use the latest hardware too In any case, we'll think of something.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

If I'm not wrong, SolidRocks has a tool to automate this process
              Alessandro

Comment

Vlado, I think my hard ware is "latest hardware" now - master machine Dual Xeon (32 cores) + slave machine 12 cores.

If the LC passes of an interior is difficult to calculate and need some time, than the slave LC calculation is much slower. So, the slave isn't be used for the next IM pass. Please try to find a way that the slave power is used for the rendering, not wasting power for the unneeded LC pass and not ready for the next passes. I don't need the slave power for product shots, where the LC is fast calculated and no problem for the slave. I need the slave for the IM + the final pass of interiors.

Comment

I second this request. Something along the lines of a "Use DBR Slaves for Render Pass Only" checkbox in the DBR section would be great, forcing vray to render the LC and IRMAP etc. only on the main workstation, auto sending the maps to the slaves for the DBR render pass.
                  Alex York
                  Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                  www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

+1 for a solution to have the slaves wait for the LC to be processed by the workstation
                    Thanks

Comment

+1 and +1 for----^

Comment

+1 for wait for the LC to be processed by the workstation checkbox at least..
                        Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

+1 Been waiting for this option for years.

Comment

Working...
                          X