Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set HDRI map in Max's viewport

hi

sorry if this question has been addressed already but i couldnt find it in the database.

how can i set my HDRI instance in Max viewport (alt+b) so i can rotate my camera and get preview before the actuall rendering?

(i can just put it there but with uot any reference to the material editor slot)

and...how can i cast shadows directly on the hdri map?
    Thanks
    S

Put the hdri in the max environment, then in "viewport background" check "use environment..." and "display background"
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
      Put the hdri in the max environment, then in "viewport background" check "use environment..." and "display background"
      thats what im doing but i cant rotate my camera around to see the hdri spherical map. as you know i want to set it like this so i can match the model to the hdri env before i hit f9.

and...is there a way in max to make the hdri smaller?

Thanks
      S

Comment

If you instance the hdri map into the environment then the ME controls will work. For the shadows you'll need matte objects to recieve them, use a material with a vraymtlwrapper set to matte or you can use the matte option in the objects settings roll-out.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

If you instance the hdri map into the environment then the ME controls will work. For the shadows you'll need matte objects to recieve them, use a material with a vraymtlwrapper set to matte or you can use the matte option in the objects settings roll-out.
          when i instance the hdri the env and use it as background map (alt+b) i cant rtoate the prespective around to see different part of the hdri map. even not camera object.

but when i use camera,move its position and press C i get the viewport reloaded with new view. i thought it might be a driver problem but even with OpenGL i couldnt achive what i want.

the ` didnt work as well.

any ideas?

Thanks
          S

Comment

the matte/shsows material works only with shadows mao,why?

Thanks
            S

Comment

Working...
            X