Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay "face map" material for facing particles

Hi all

In standard material "shader basic parameters" there is a tick box for "Face Map". I have this standard material and on top of that a VRayMtlWrapper
    How can I make the same thing with JUST VRayMtl and not using standard and mtlwrapper?
    It's for a partical system with "facing" particles
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Could you please clarify what exactly do you want to achieve? Some screenshots will be helpful.
    Best regards,
    Zdravko Keremidchiev
    Technical Support Representative

Comment

I have a particle system with the particle type set to "facing". In other words each particle is a plain that always faces the camera. In standard material there is an option for shader type "face map". So then if you have a radial gradient in opacity slot, it will apply this over each plain individually. So you see a nice round particle fading at the edges. No uv needed.
      If I take that same opacity map and stick it in a vraymaterial, each plain renders just as a plain, and the opacity has no effect so you see square plains being rendered
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Unfortunately we don't have this option in the VRayMtl material; I can probably add it to the VRayMtlWrapper though.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I currently have the standard material with face map in a mtlwrapper. So dont need it in a mtlwrapper.

Unless by that you mean I can use a vraymtl as base instead of the standard, and then the new feature could be in mtlwrapper and so replacing the standard as I'll have a vrymtl as base inside a mtlwrapper?
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

What Vlado meant was an extra "Face Map" option in the VRayMtlWrapper.
            Best regards,
            Zdravko Keremidchiev
            Technical Support Representative

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko View Post
              What Vlado meant was an extra "Face Map" option in the VRayMtlWrapper.
              Yes I got that part, what I didn't get was what would be the reason for this?
              So I can use normal VRayMtl instead of the standard material inside a VRayMtlWrapper?
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Working...
              X