Lag after canceling rendering???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a bug; it happens for two reasons:

(1) VRay frees all bitmaps at the end of rendering. This may take some time.
    (2) Some objects have different geometry in the viewports and when rendering. So, when rendering completes, they must recompute themselves for the viewports.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

and do all renderers do this .. ?
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Vlado!

Howcome scanline doesn't do this?
        Cheers,

/Thomas
        Eyecadcher Media

Comment

it does with meshsmooth...we've had it a few times but not that often...its normally if there's complex tiered geometry.
          Digital Progression

Comment

i was doing a simple cornell box render the other, with the wax dragon in the middle.....foolish me didnt tick interpolation for the dragon, i didnt realise this until it had started rendering the dragon. I hit cancell, and it was about 3 mins and i ended up just force quiting 3dsmax.

I assume it was just freeing up the memory or something....kinda annoying tho...it was quicker for me to force quite then start back up again...LOL

Comment

I seem to have this lag almost no matter what I'm rendering. With or without GI or glossies... One thing I've noticed is that scenes with no or small bitmaps are a lot faster...
              Cheers,

/Thomas
              Eyecadcher Media

Comment

What about the material editor and maps in the view-port. Every time I bring up the material editor, it takes a minute to reload all the materials and the same thing happens when I'm panning in the view-port. If I pan over an area with lots of maps, it takes a few seconds to regenerate the materials, even though I have passed over this area before.. What is causing this?

S.

Comment

What about the material editor and maps in the view-port. Every time I bring up the material editor, it takes a minute to reload all the materials and the same thing happens when I'm panning in the view-port. If I pan over an area with lots of maps, it takes a few seconds to regenerate the materials, even though I have passed over this area before.. What is causing this?

S.
                  yeah, I keep having the same problem as well.....

paul.

Comment

The MatEdtr is using VRay to render previews. You can set it to manual update but for some people it resets this option occasionally.

--Jon

Comment

Originally posted by J_Bug
                      The MatEdtr is using VRay to render previews. You can set it to manual update but for some people it resets this option occasionally.

--Jon
                      My Material editor is set to manual. Maybe it's a ram issue...don't know.

Thanks anyway.

Scott.

Comment

The delay after cancelling is much more there while calculating IR map if you use bucket mode. With single frame I don't have this problem. It looks to me like vray wants to complete the whole bucket before cancelling. if you accidently set very high settings for something and then want to cancel to correct this, you're trapped, like in DaForce's example.
                        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
                        X