vray light mtl- direct illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray light mtl- direct illumination

im trying to do some leds, i have a very nice material with falloff in a lightmtl, with a shellac reflection layer on top. looks great, but doesnt emit light unless i use gi. in this case its all animated and id rather not.

trouble is the "direct illumination" option doesnt work if the material is inside a wrapper, or on a subobject, or well, in many cases at all really!

i just want a nice red light given off from them, whilst keeping my nice material setup.

is there a way (like with the mtl override for gi / shads etc..) to tell it to use the base lightmtl as an emitter, but render visually with my more complex shader?

i might end up putting omnis in them, but then there are hundreds of them, and thats a big extra layer of complexity, considering they all need to be animated flashing etc.. with the material only, i can simply use animated maps.. with omnis im looking at parameter wiring at the mimimum..

I can't think of any way to make a material emit light without GI on. Only lights will emit light and as you've already said, VRayLightMlt direct illumination doesn't work as a sub material. The only other option I can think of is to detach the LED parts of the mesh and parent them back to the original mesh.
    Dan Brew

Comment

As it is stated in the help files: "The direct illumination options currently only work properly if the VRayLightMtl material is the only material applied on the object. They will not work if the material is part of a complex material like a Multi/sub-object material or a VRayBlendMtl material. " it will be best if you could apply the light material to a separate geometry instead, like DanielBrew suggested.
      Best regards,
      Zdravko Keremidchiev
      Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
      X