I Robot & Digital Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dooohhhhh

I stepped outside before I posted this and look what happens.

Daaaarn youuu Rerender

edit: what he said
    edit: Read Gold, it's a collection of shorts that are very entertaining.
    edit: If you have a spare month or so read the Foundation series. My dream has always been, if it is ever realized by someone, to work on (in any way Like even "Do you guys need a janitor?") the cinematic version of this great series. I've always preached that most any truly great SciFi movie, and some TV shows, I've seen are influenced by this great series (or I Robot) in some very key way. If you can't tell, I'm very excited that this movie is being made

--Jon

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
      pps... it would be impossible for Digital Domain to use vray since they do not use 3ds.
      then how did they use vray for the swords in "the last samurai"?

see this:

http://www.rendernode.com/articles.php?articleId=106

paul.

Comment

RErender GOOD - you got 100points
        Cocolas - you are wrong - The last samurai Digital DIMENSION did not Digital DOMAIN

Karel Capek who created the word ROBOT was really great writer - if you have a chance to read some book from him - do it - it is really worth !

btw: he was czech as I am and he lived in the same city - beautiful Prague.

jan

Comment

Digital Dimension = Last Samuti, FD2 + many others
          www.digitaldimension.com

Digital Domain = I Robot + many others
          http://www.digitaldomain.com/

Same thing I did

--Jon

Comment

sorry my bad......all these "digital"s in the names got me confused....

paul.

Comment

I have to give my 100pts to J_Bug, all I knew was how to type google
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

RErender:
                hehe thanks , I should stop smoking I just stepped outside before I hit post but I wasn't entirely correct so you're the winner by a transistor :P

honzal:
                I learned of another famous person from your home town just last night. The director of One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, Milos Forman.

Comment

J_Bug...

Speaking of Asimov's Foundation. Did you know that there is a rumor that a script is in the works for the foundation series? If so, it will be the next mega series. Sorta like a the sci-fi version of Lord of the Rings.

Comment

Okay, now you're just teasing me. Who, when, where

Thanks for the info though, I'll be searching but if you know please give more info.

I don't know how to do it properly but maybe this topic should be move to Take5.

--Jon

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                      J_Bug...

Speaking of Asimov's Foundation. Did you know that there is a rumor that a script is in the works for the foundation series? If so, it will be the next mega series. Sorta like a the sci-fi version of Lord of the Rings.
                      you serious???

Comment

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...8&obj_id=39858

Comment

spect this thread will be moved to take 5, but its a good one...

very interesting idea! hope they dont f**k it up! bit disturbed to see will smith in 'i robot' might end up bein really cheesy /

one book id love to see made into a film - would need some amazing cg and editing, would be iain m banks feersum endjinn...amazing book.. would love to work on the visuals for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu
                            very interesting idea! hope they dont f**k it up! bit disturbed to see will smith in 'i robot' might end up bein really cheesy /
                            yeah...that's what I'm afraid of as well......especially w/ Will Smith..

paul.

Comment

Well, you guys will get to see a new trailer real soon. Will it disapoint?

Comment

Chris, you teasing us

Comment

Working...
                                X