Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 yes that woul dbe great

Comment

Or perhaps an object ID region would be best?
      - Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by YoyoBoy View Post
        Or perhaps an object ID region would be best?
        An Object ID region alone wouldn't be enough though... sometimes you need just a bit of the scene around the object as well (for shadows or reflections), so just the ObID wouldn't cut it.

Comment

This would be a perfect solution. I've wished for this exact feature countless times when need to re-render a small, non-rectangular part of the final render.

Originally posted by Laserschwert View Post
          But isn't it a bit cumbersome to switch programs just to choose a render region? How about a normal selection lasso in the VFB? (ideally with "vertices" that can be moved after drawing it, like when you're scrubbing through the animation and see, that you need to make the mask bigger here and there, and you don't have to redraw it completely, just move some vertices)

Comment

Originally posted by viscorbel View Post
            This would be a perfect solution. I've wished for this exact feature countless times when need to re-render a small, non-rectangular part of the final render.
            Imagine a scenario where a small part of your animation needs re-rendering on every frame; being able to keyframe those points throughout the animation... Now that would be something! I guess very hard to implement though.
            Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

+1 for a lasso selection tool!

I've had this happen so many times where I need to re-render an organic shape and it would be so much faster if I could have selected the exact area.

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
                Imagine a scenario where a small part of your animation needs re-rendering on every frame; being able to keyframe those points throughout the animation... Now that would be something! I guess very hard to implement though.
                I have done it before with the "matte box" approach i mentioned earlier, basically with a UV mapped rectangle, with a spline inside, animated vertices. Linked to the camera.
                You still have to comp it afterwards, but it saved me a ton of render time.

Originally posted by Raven View Post
                That would be a very useful feature.
                For now just create an object and link it to the front of your camera, creating a custom matte box.
                Apply a black material and make it a vray matte object that ignores lights and GI.
                Done.
                Gavin Jeoffreys
                Freelance 3D Generalist

Comment

Working...
                X