No announcement yet.

3ds max 2014 - new features:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlado etc. - Do you have an ETA (even if rough for now) for a roll-out of updated Vray that supports 2014? I've heard that most (if not all) plugins compiled for 2013 should work fine in 2014 but it would be great to have an "official" release that we can be confident is stable.

I ask because I'm trying to plan rolling out 2014 here - naturally the whole thing relies on Vray. My intention is to move to 2014 immediately (yeh... a first for me..!!! - apparently some features have been fixed that were crippling for me in 2013) so the sooner I can do that the better.

Cheers,
    Alex York
    Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
    www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

We will have an official build within a month of the official release of 3ds Max 2014.

With that said, the version for 3ds Max 2013 will work mostly fine; there are also 2014 builds on the nightly builds server.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        We will have an official build within a month of the official release of 3ds Max 2014.

With that said, the version for 3ds Max 2013 will work mostly fine; there are also 2014 builds on the nightly builds server.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Thanks Vlado - I don't suppose you know if there are any features that definitely won't work or will have issues before the updated build? If it's nothing major then I think I will upgrade and take the risk.
        Alex York
        www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

There might be an issue with the V-Ray light lister, but I can't remember if we fixed it for the 2.40 builds on the site - I will check.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            There might be an issue with the V-Ray light lister, but I can't remember if we fixed it for the 2.40 builds on the site - I will check.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Sounds ok to me, if that's the extent of the issues. Thanks Vlado!
            Alex York
            www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

If you re-download the 2.40 build from the website, even that should be fine - we patched the installation yesterday.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Is there a way to install 2.40 for both max 2013 and 2014 on the same computer? When I install for 2014,it uninstalls for my 2013.
                Daniel Black
                Archtagon LLC
                www.archtagon.com

Comment

Hi Daniel,

It is very strange, each V-Ray installation will replace the existing one only in case that is for same 3DS Max version.
                  You should be able to keep both V-Ray plugins for this case. Please make sure that you are using the correct installation files and check the installation paths when the build is being installed.
                  Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by danb4026 View Post
                    Is there a way to install 2.40 for both max 2013 and 2014 on the same computer? When I install for 2014,it uninstalls for my 2013.
                    When the uninstaller starts, click "cancel".

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

I changed the installation path to my 2014 directories, but it still uninstalls my 2013 version. I also hit "cancel" when the uninstaller starts, but that just aborts the installation all together.

PS....I am using the same installation file for both 2013 and 2014. I have to, don't I?
                      Last edited by danb4026; 10-04-2013, 09:17 PM.
                      Daniel Black
                      Archtagon LLC
                      www.archtagon.com

Comment

Same problem here. Not able to install it on both 2013 and 2014.
                        Jozef
                        www.cad-vizualizacie.sk

Comment

Max 2014 released?
                          :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Max 2014 released?
                            Here are some details about it on the Autodesk web site.
                            Note: Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2014 software will be available soon, but you can buy 3ds Max 2013 now.

OK, here is the installation procedure, in order to get V-Ray 2.40.03 for both, 2013 and 2014.
                            *) Start the installation and click next till reach the destination folder screen.
                            *) Change "2013" to "2013" to all (4) fields
                            *) Then click next till the Pop-up window, which says that this build is already installed. Click "OK".
                            *) On the next step you need to click "Cancel" (the main installation panel). And confirm this on the next window.
                            *) Finally press "OK" to continue with the installation.
                            Hope this helps.
                            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Did all of that, but one I hit the cancel button, it aborts the entire installation.
                              Daniel Black
                              Archtagon LLC
                              www.archtagon.com

Comment

Works fine here; it would be best to email our support guys to vray@chaosgroup.com to schedule a remote session or something so that they can see what you are doing. Or else wait for the official 2014 installation.

Best regards,
                                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                                X