Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read kosso_olli's reply again, it's about the lighting course...

Stan
    3LP Team

Comment

• Indeed. Mastering Vray was great, which was the reason I subscribed to his Mastering Lighting course. And that is the total opposite. Is has been running for some months now, and there are only three lessons out so far, and none of them is as good and instructive as his other lessons.
      https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

• Still waiting on that alleged material library promised for the first course, which was half the reason I signed up...Yes the course material covered was helpful, but honestly, for me, time is still more valuable than making my own elaborate materials, so I was happy to learn how, and also have a great set of ready to use materials. Unfortunately, that never happened (I think since April/May 2013 we are still awaiting the vray 2.5-friendly, library.) The learning part was great, but I probably would have just bought Siger's material pack instead with the money. Learned some good things, but unimpressed by the overall experience. Yes, we all know how Grant's training to box...and that's great, but should not really be affecting paying customers, IMHO.
        Perhaps the chat about the more recent lighting course should go into it's own thread, just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilleViz View Post
          I can't enter the forums on the Mastering V-ray. Sure, I get to the list view over the sub forums, but whenever I try to enter one, I just get a "Oh bother! No topics were found here!" - all while there is clearly several Topics and Posts going on. But for some reason, I'm locked out. *facepalm*
          same thing here...not that it really matters as most of the posts are unanswered...

Comment

• Hi Guys,
            Unfortunately, boxing or my personal life has nothing to do with the current situation, in fact I've barely trained due to the issues of the last couple of months.
            For those that know, I've been managing the business with my brother but we are currently undergoing a legal dispute regarding the business. I haven't been able to publicly discuss this as I'm dealing with a lawyer but like I responded in the other thread today, the business has been heavily disrupted due to this dispute over the last few weeks. You'll notice I worked quite hard on lesson 4 and getting that out asap but this has been quite crippling for me as I'm trying to save the business at this point.
            No matter what though, all the lessons will be completed, I've just been overwhelmed.
            For those of you that feel you are being ripped off /do not trust I'll get the content out, I'm happy to offer you a refund. I'm not that kind of person and never will be but at the end of the day it's your money so I can't argue it.
            It's extremely unfortunate, I guess my advice is not to work with family but I'm coming out the other side of this now and will be running things myself from now on.
            Emails are completely up to date and I've been trying to solve the forum issue to no avail. Scene files for lesson 4 are up and the video file will be available ASAP.

Cheers

Grant.
            admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
            Mastering CGI
            CGSociety Folio
            CREAM Studios
            Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
              Hi Guys,
              For those that know, I've been managing the business with my brother but we are currently undergoing a legal dispute regarding the business. I haven't been able to publicly discuss this as I'm dealing with a lawyer but like I responded in the other thread today, the business has been heavily disrupted due to this dispute over the last few weeks. You'll notice I worked quite hard on lesson 4 and getting that out asap but this has been quite crippling for me as I'm trying to save the business at this point.
              Wow Grant, stuff like that can really suck every bit of energy out of you... family + money can turn into a really nasty cocktail. I have experienced a bit of that, so I hope that you will get things resolved in a decent way in the end.

Regarding my comment about not being able to read the forum, just forget about it. That is small potatoes in the grand sceme of things and hasn't put a dent of my ability to enjoy the Mastering V-ray course.

Thanks for your reply and take care...

Comment

...my brother...

Grant.
                Sorry to hear that.
                Whatever the issue is, YOU make peace with your brother. Family is one of the MOST important things out there.
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  Unfortunately, boxing or my personal life has nothing to do with the current situation, in fact I've barely trained due to the issues of the last couple of months.
                  No matter what though, all the lessons will be completed, I've just been overwhelmed.
                  For those of you that feel you are being ripped off /do not trust I'll get the content out, I'm happy to offer you a refund. I'm not that kind of person and never will be but at the end of the day it's your money so I can't argue it.
                  It's extremely unfortunate, I guess my advice is not to work with family but I'm coming out the other side of this now and will be running things myself from now on.
                  Emails are completely up to date and I've been trying to solve the forum issue to no avail. Scene files for lesson 4 are up and the video file will be available ASAP.

Cheers

Grant.
                  Wow, that's complete shit... Knowing how hard you worked on Mastering VRay and HS i cannot even imagine how hard it is to deal with something like that. Really hope that you will deal with that without heavy consequences...
                  On the other hand i understand those guys who are waiting. I thing the best thing to do now is to inform community about the situation by e-mails (as the advice in another topic) , clearly stating about your position that you have not disappeared and things will be getting back on track.
                  I think everyone understand that they did not buy a DVD with lessons , but they bought shared experience - the most rare and valuable thing , and they payed in advance for that, and shit can happen , especially when you are kind of new in starting your own business and just cannot foresee all the difficulties.
                  That small percent of people who does not understand that and will ask for refund .. well i am pretty sure will regret about that after.
                  If there is anything i can help with - i will be happy to !
                  Last edited by Oleg_Budeanu; 28-11-2015, 02:40 PM.
                  Available for remote work.
                  My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

• Originally posted by Morne View Post
                    Sorry to hear that.
                    Whatever the issue is, YOU make peace with your brother. Family is one of the MOST important things out there.
                    I think when it comes to business , money and all that stuff - things can become really dirty and complicated. I always thought that business should be separated from family. There are exceptions of course , but looks like this is not the one.
                    Available for remote work.
                    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

• Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post
                      I think when it comes to business , money and all that stuff - things can become really dirty and complicated. I always thought that business should be separated from family. There are exceptions of course , but looks like this is not the one.
                      Well like I've said, the blame is partly on myself but I was never one to care about money, I just wanted to get this knowledge out of my head. There is no chance in hell I will ever disappear, but at this point, I've already had to sidetrack my boxing dream and just focus on getting this business back up and running. It's not been great but at the end of the day it's a learning experience and there is a lot more involved with stuff than simply recording lessons. I wish it was that simple but it isn't. In order for me to PROPERLY get a recording out (and I was 80% finished on lesson 4 when this shit went down) I have to be in a positive mind frame or the lesson is not worth it anyway.
                      I'm really sorry about all of this but it's getting there. There is some good stuff coming on this course, I truly know that.

----------------------
                      Mastering CGI
                      CGSociety Folio
                      CREAM Studios
                      Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

It's getting there...slowly. At this point though, there are those who paid money and even though I get what you're saying, the customer has to have priority, it's just been extremely difficult to set up the mic and blast out a recording under this situation, trust me on that lol.

----------------------
                        Mastering CGI
                        CGSociety Folio
                        CREAM Studios
                        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Hang in there mate
                          If I can be any help, just let me know!

Take care

Stan
                          3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
                            Hang in there mate
                            If I can be any help, just let me know!

Take care

Stan
                            Thanks mate! Really appreciate the offer, you guys have been here from the start, it means a lot to me.
                            Right now, I'm manually adding 300 emails to my mailing list so I can get this update out!
                            Cheers

Grant.

----------------------
                            Mastering CGI
                            CGSociety Folio
                            CREAM Studios
                            Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• I haven't used Grant's site in a few months, I've now logged in and I can't figure out how to get to the files!
                              I click on courses, I select Mastering VRay, I click the button "Continue Course". It just loops back to same page.
                              OK so then I try Curriculum, and that just lists each lesson, but can't click on anything. I click on members, that just shows me a list of members.

So how do I get to the actual lessons?!?
                              Kind Regards,
                              Morne

Comment

I haven't used Grant's site in a few months, I've now logged in and I can't figure out how to get to the files!
                                I click on courses, I select Mastering VRay, I click the button "Continue Course". It just loops back to same page.
                                OK so then I try Curriculum, and that just lists each lesson, but can't click on anything. I click on members, that just shows me a list of members.

So how do I get to the actual lessons?!?

Oh shoot, you're right. I thought maybe it might be that that particular course completed a while ago (for me anyways) but this same site behaviour happens for the Mastering Lighting Course as well.
                                Jez

------------------------------------
                                3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                                Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                                ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Working...
                                X