Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well said Dave! I've been trying to figure out a way to respond but couldn't find the words. I agree completely!

I'm still sad to be stuck on 2.4!
    Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
    Midwest Studios

Comment

• Originally posted by Donald2B View Post
      Well said Dave! I've been trying to figure out a way to respond but couldn't find the words. I agree completely!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still extremely proud of everything I've achieved so far but I guess as the saying goes, getting to the top is the easy, staying there is the hard part.
      I've just finished a HS Lesson tonight, now I'm freed up to get working on Lesson 3 of Mastering Lighting.
      Thanks for your feedback.
      admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
      Mastering CGI
      CGSociety Folio
      CREAM Studios
      Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Donald2B View Post
        Well said Dave! I've been trying to figure out a way to respond but couldn't find the words. I agree completely!

Give man fire and he'll be warm for a night,

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
        Lol.........
        Maxscript made easy....
        davewortley.wordpress.com
        Follow me here:
        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

• Hi Grant

I've replied to Kieran's latest e-mail, send new email, as well as fill in the online form on your site. No reply in any of those mediums. I'm having logon issues on your site!

If you can send me a PM here I would appreciate it
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

• Got to say the delays have been an irritant, but the content was well worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morne View Post
              Hi Grant

I've replied to Kieran's latest e-mail, send new email, as well as fill in the online form on your site. No reply in any of those mediums. I'm having logon issues on your site!

If you can send me a PM here I would appreciate it
              Hey mate, Kieran has been replying to all support emails so sorry you haven't been responded to.
              What is the email you sent from and I'll check it out for you!

Cheers

----------------------
              Mastering CGI
              CGSociety Folio
              CREAM Studios
              Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by wxyz View Post
                Got to say the delays have been an irritant, but the content was well worth it.
                Hasn't been great, but I'm already working on lesson 4 now that 3 is out and that was 2 parts, 4 hours of what I consider the best content so far. I will catch up! Once lesson 4 goes up and I'm getting updates out for lesson 5, I'll consider myself close enough caught up (factoring in breaking my hand etc)

----------------------
                Mastering CGI
                CGSociety Folio
                CREAM Studios
                Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
                  Mastering CGI
                  CGSociety Folio
                  CREAM Studios
                  Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                    Hasn't been great, but I'm already working on lesson 4 now that 3 is out and that was 2 parts, 4 hours of what I consider the best content so far. I will catch up! Once lesson 4 goes up and I'm getting updates out for lesson 5, I'll consider myself close enough caught up (factoring in breaking my hand etc)
                    Hi Grant, Lesson 3 isn't currently available - it says "Content Currently Uploading- Please check back tomorrow" whenever I log in. It's doing that now and has been since yesterday. Please take a look.
                    Jez

------------------------------------
                    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

• Originally posted by JezUK View Post
                      Hi Grant, Lesson 3 isn't currently available - it says "Content Currently Uploading- Please check back tomorrow" whenever I log in. It's doing that now and has been since yesterday. Please take a look.
                      Yep, the files are still uploading- Our building has finally been given the option of cable internet and we will be upgrading to that at the end of the month. We get these intermittent time outs and the upload crashed at times, extremely frustrating

----------------------
                      Mastering CGI
                      CGSociety Folio
                      CREAM Studios
                      Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by fraggle View Post
                        100+ pages of request material = 15 Material provided during the course, and they can't be render without the used of massive render farm because they are very slow to render.
                        I've read back a few pages and seen some of the comments too and I have to say, this one hits the nail on the head for me.
                        Jez

------------------------------------
                        3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                        Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                        ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

• It would be cool if they were all updated to use the GGX method eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                            Hey mate, Kieran has been replying to all support emails so sorry you haven't been responded to.
                            What is the email you sent from and I'll check it out for you!

Cheers

Thanks Grant, I've sent you a PM with the address
                            Kind Regards,
                            Morne

Comment

• Originally posted by JezUK View Post
                              I've read back a few pages and seen some of the comments too and I have to say, this one hits the nail on the head for me.
                              New materials incorporating GGX and better optimization are on my to-do list, in the meantime, I feel I've very thoroughly explained material creation to the point where in most situations, you'll only need to slightly vary what I've taught.
                              I definitely want an updated library though.

----------------------
                              Mastering CGI
                              CGSociety Folio
                              CREAM Studios
                              Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by fraggle View Post
                                It sounds like it was a marketing traps! May be 100+ pages of request material = 15 Material provided during the course, and they can't be render without the used of massive render farm because they are very slow to render.
                                Well your message explains it all. First of all looks like either you are not subscribed to the course or you did not get the idea behind the course at all (second one is more obvious i think) if you are waiting for a library to use.
                                Second is that you did not get anything about rendering settings and material settings from this course (that leads me to idea that you are not even subscribed).
                                So please , instead of being a troll (or starting to be one) - check free lessons and try to learn something from them.

This course gave me so much information - i haven't collect for my 7 year of archviz careeer , it made me a kick-ass to start actually see things around and boost quality , and i really hope that after Grant will finish modelling and lighting courses there will be an mastering animation workflow course , though that hope is really thin because as i know Grant gained his experience more from the print - ad industry...
                                Available for remote work.
                                My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Working...
                                X