No announcement yet.

Arch viz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I find that tru in so many ways glorybound, manly when there is alot of money on the line, people seem to judge a book by its cover alot. Which is sad because most people that talk the talk like u said cant do much.
    PLAY
    www.kriscabrera.com
    kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

It's what's perceived that counts. If it costs more, it must be better.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kriscabrera15 View Post
        place then here
        nope. In person!

Might be different where bobby lives, but i've never seen anyone in our company wearing a suit unless it's to pick up an award later in the day. Sometimes in meetings with older/stuffy clients. Whatever you normally wear, wear your best of that.
        In an ideal world you'll have already met the people who will be interviewing you before they speak to you about your work, so you can make a judgement call based on them.

A bit of frank honesty alongside a portfolio goes well too - if you only did some modeling or whatever, say so. But do make sure you've got an image where you did everything, if most of your portfolio is little bits on others images. Even if it's shit - because as mentioned, image quality isn't the most important thing when hiring in arch viz - especially if you're presenting yourself as someone who's going to stay for a few years or more.

How committed are you to arch viz? You been brushing up on your architects, reading a little about the history & trends of it? (because you should)
        Last edited by Neilg; 21-06-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
          Don't worry. The 'make black and white' button in Photoshop can make even a tramp look like a company director!
          This pretty much sums my looks...

http://dashburst.com/wp-content/uplo...Grumpy-Cat.jpg
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Make then feel smart, handsome, and talented; you'll be guaranteed the job!
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
              ...make sure its a 3-pieced suite too!
              I couldn't find a 3 piece, so I put a hat on, does it count?
              Although now I look a bit like Freddy Kruger

Originally posted by paolo242 View Post
              your avatar is really nice but I think you must put some weight on
              With my new suite it hides a bit of the fat

I kinda just fell into archviz after having IT as a background. I think the IT part helped a lot as it's so much easier understanding and learning new software. I studied IT, not architecture although I did work for electrical engineers doing working drawings and also for various interior design companies doing CAD stuff and it skyrocketed from there I geuss. Also did a bunch of non-arhviz stuff which was also MAJOR fun!

In general over here if you're in archviz you dont need to be an architect, but obviously you must be able to understand and read plans and sometimes even solve problems.
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                sometimes even solve problems.
                Photoshop's clone stamp tool lol.

I've used these lines in the past, "oh it's just the perspective making it look like that", or "that's just the light/shadow". hahhaha
                Maya 2020/2022
                Win 10x64
                Vray 5

Comment

thanks for the info guys, i have been researching alot about architecture, its a hobby for me right now since i work in the vfx industry (and what i mean by hobby is when i have time), but it sure would be nice to do my own work for architects. What am doing now is some free work for a cousin who is a general contractor and does alot of interior remodels, maybe that could lead to something.
                  PLAY
                  www.kriscabrera.com
                  kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Working...
                  X