Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with diffuse - Gamma/lut settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with diffuse - Gamma/lut settings.

Hey everyone,

I've got an issue with some textures. I was making a scene for a friend of mine, the environment required some trees. Now I have a tree in a separate max file, and there it looks fine. However, the scene I was working in had different "Gamme/LUT correction" settings. The tree had this disabled, so when I imported the tree in my scene it looked like this: .

So I thought, I'll just re-make the material myself. But as you can see in the screenshot when I apply my normal texture "leaf1.png" it turns out to be very bright.

I'm wondering if anyone encountered the same issue before, or knows a solution.

Thanks,

Farmer Rob

First: Read up on gamma and "LinearWorkFlow" and how it pertains to the different 3dsmax aspects.
    Next: Either set your bitmap to manual gamma 2.2 in its loading dialogue, or set the gamma up properly in max so your bitmaps always load with 2.2. At least then you can set it to 1 for those rare cases you actually load linear textures.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
      First: Read up on gamma and "LinearWorkFlow" and how it pertains to the different 3dsmax aspects.
      Next: Either set your bitmap to manual gamma 2.2 in its loading dialogue, or set the gamma up properly in max so your bitmaps always load with 2.2. At least then you can set it to 1 for those rare cases you actually load linear textures.
      You sir, are amazing. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X