Auto extract multi-layer exr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto extract multi-layer exr

I rendered a still image using distributive rendering, was awesome..soo many buckets! It saved out a multi-layer exr. (from the vray frame buffer) but although I had save separate elements ticked also, it didn't save the separate elements.
    I now have a multi-layered exr. and need to extract the individual elements.
    While I could shuffle them out of nuke there are a lot of them and was wondering if there is a tool to automate this process post render, like the vrimg2exr.exe except more like layerexr2split.exe?

If you have the ProEXR plugin for photoshop you can set up a batch to export out the elements
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

did exactly that with Nuke but thanks I had forgotten about that little gem of a plugin
      Now I can just do the whole thing is Photoshop.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pg1 View Post
        It saved out a multi-layer exr. (from the vray frame buffer) but although I had save separate elements ticked also, it didn't save the separate elements.
        You should be able to use both option at same time and save the Raw multichannel EXR file with separate render elements.
        Could you provide more details about your setup, V-ray version, OS, 3DS Max?

However, if you render just a still image, you can always save all render channels through V-Ray Frame buffer (the three diskettes button)
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I was using both at the same time.
          Not sure why but initially I rendered without DR and got the multilayer and separate elements.
          When I turned on DR I only got the multilayer......but and I am not sure what I did after a few renders I started to get DR multi layer AND separate elements so alls good in the end.

Comment

Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear that it works now as expected.

but and I am not sure what I did after a few renders I started to get DR multi layer AND separate elements so alls good in the end.
            It's odd thing here, should work by default.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X