locked proxies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locked proxies

having to provide many models from my library to a client for use in a larger scene. since some are custom made its ok, but some are from libraries. im guessing this is outside the terms and conditions.. be nice if you could send models as proxies to a client, with the "import as mesh" option disabled. they could render them, but not edit.

This is more of a wish item, right?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

+1 for locking proxies

Comment

yes it should probably be in the wishlist section.. my bad.

Comment

would also be good if you could lock the visibility to point or something too, so they cannot easily be used in a new scene.

Comment

The question is, how hard do you want to protect them? We can certainly disable the option in the UI, but someone can just write a tool to read the .vrmesh file itself and extract the data. So do you want the data itself to be encrypted in some way? This is also breakable, of course, but perhaps not that easily. Then again, it depends on the determination of the hacker

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i had the same thouht and wish and would vote a for encrypted proxies...and if there would be a way to attach material information right inside the proxy like the vismat xml for vray 3 would make it perfect. no more max files to share libaries!
              -
              render forza!

-----

Office Le Nomade, Vienna

web: www.oln.at
              blog: blog.oln.at

Comment

Working...
              X