Geometry imported from Revit to 3D Max / V-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geometry imported from Revit to 3D Max / V-Ray

In our company we always work on models from Revit. For this we use two methods: Export to DWG as ACSISSOLID in cm.

And what we're using now is the function of 3d max "Revit Link (FBX)" to bring the scene. It separates us by category of materials. This facilitates the work to identify the scene.

I saw that coming from Revir geometries in Revit DWG or direct (FBX), are imported but with the idea that the structure of its geometry is very poor quality for the rayoz bounce light.

Every time I make preliminary tests to adjust the light. Quality is a very different geometry built into 3d max.

There is some method that is most optimal for V-ray can do its job?

Greetings.

You may know this already, but if you use the FBX import/link your model will have Autodesk materials (not MR A&D materials) assigned to the geometry. This will result in very bad GI problems as you have noticed. I typically assign a mid grey Vray Material to everything (so there are no Autodesk Materials left and I don't miss anything), and then reassign Vray materials to the bits required.

Comment

Also don't import the lights that come in from Revit.
      Best to create Vray lights from scratch.
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by AndresAhumada View Post
        Every time I make preliminary tests to adjust the light. Quality is a very different geometry built into 3d max.
        Greetings.
        Can you sent us a part of the scene with Revit vs Max geometry for investigation ?
        Thank you very much in advance.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

yes, of course.

I want to clarify that I resolved the problem.
          But this was: Taking elements elements converting them to polygons, then joining all possible open vertices.

Now I am testing it goes pretty well. What if I had to remodel geometries were the glasses. All! But I have not tried, are hidden.

This is the model 010 and 005 is the initial.

All this I use a dome and EXR high quality texture.
          * I note that you use the Quick Settings of V-Ray 3.0, without progressive AA.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
            Also don't import the lights that come in from Revit.
            Best to create Vray lights from scratch.

I understand that the lights are always replaced.

Comment

I sent I the email with two links to Cramit.

Regards

Comment

yes, of course.

But this was: Taking elements elements converting them to polygons, then joining all possible open vertices.

Now I am testing it goes pretty well. What if I had to remodel geometries were the glasses. All! But I have not tried, are hidden.

Careful with converting to editable polly, the edges can be messed up, especially hidden edges. Rather convert to editable mesh first, sort out which edges should be visible and then convert to editable polly if needed. This is especially true for curved surfaces.

DWG works better than FBX with curved surfaces. Much cleaner topology.

jhv

Comment

Hooowmmm.

Thx for the TIP hoppergrass.

Comment

yes, of course.

Are those two files supposed to produce different result ?
                    I've merged the geometry information from 05.max into 10.max dividing everything into separate layers keeping all the cameras/lights and etc from 10.max, then I copied the override-shader from 10.max into 5.max.
                    Next I rendered each of the geometry-layers separately and the result was the same with exception of some small differences in the geometry.
                    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                    X