Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine opacity map detail and Alpha channels

Hello,

I have a question about rendering very fine opacity map detail and Alpha channels. Please see attached. This is a partial image that was saved as a Tga file. I then knocked out the background in PS. I placed a black background behind the rendered image so you can see the problem. Could someone please tell me what the trick is to preventing this....if there is one.

thank you,

Scott
    Attached Files

You need to save as unpremultiplied EXR and then premultiply it with alpha in post.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I render on black so it's already pre-multiplied.
      Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
        You need to save as unpremultiplied EXR and then premultiply it with alpha in post.

Interesting. I did not know EXR files maintain a better Alpha integrity. Thanks for the tip. My PS skills are a bit basic. Without getting into a long winded explanation, could you please tell me what the best method to clean up balance of the image?

Thanks..

Scott

Comment

Render onto black all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
            Render onto black all the time.

Thank you. This may be a stupid question but if you are using Vray Sky.......how do you get the background to be black? Please do not tell me I need to create a Vray dome light and place the Vray Sky map in the lights map slot. That increases the rendering time 2 fold.

Scott

Comment

in the vray render settings proper, use the environment override. add the sky to the gi and the reflection override then make the main environment color black.

Comment

Working...
              X