No announcement yet.

Tree optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlado, just curious about this method. It's very very convenient but with vray doing it's sampling optimisation based on how much something contributes to the final pixels, some of the passes can be a tiny bit noisy. The compers in here are using the render elements to come up with a look so they're pushing and pulling things beyond the levels that vray is sampling for so what's the handiest way to force vray to oversample and get really clean raw passes? At the minute I'm trying to get something that's reliant on AA sampling since there'll be a lot of 3d motion blur through the job!

Comment

Well, one way is to put more min. subdivs to AA, but of course this will put more samples on everything. For future builds we could add the "consider for AA" option to some of the default render elements perhaps with a spinner on how much the element should affect the AA.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeah it's a tough one - I'm kind of asking vray to totally overwork everything to allow fiddling afterwards which kind of negates importance sampling. Bloody compositors

Comment

I am having a hard time cleaning up noise using the universal method. I have the clr threshold down to .0003, and there is still way to much noise.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by timmatron View Post
            Is the minimum shading rate you refer to the same as the "min samples" under DMC Sampler?
            Just to clarify: Min Samples is NOT the same as Min Shading Rate. The two behave very differently.

Min Samples should be thought of as 'Min Adaptive Samples' and is restricted by the DMC sampler.
            Min Shading Rate is available in 3.0 and is MUCH more powerful since it's not restricted by the DMC sampler and will actually raise the maximum number of secondary samples.

Refer to the DMC Calculator to see for yourself.
            Akin Bilgic | CGGallery.com
            Modeler & Generalist TD

V-Ray Render Optimization
            V-Ray DMC Calculator

Comment

Working...
            X