Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3 Mtl to Rhino, is it possible?

Hi there,

with Vray 3.0 , can we use Max material in rhino , like with the new vismat ? And if it's working is it possible to edit after the material in Rhino? And also does it will support color correct,etc from max ?

thank's
    Last edited by Bigguns; 08-04-2014, 10:19 AM.

VRmats/VISmat materials are going to be universal materials which will allow Vray users to use the same material in different platforms. For example it is possible to create this material in Vray for 3DSMax and then use the same material in Vray for Rhino , Vray for Maya and etc. Please note that this material supports only internal vray-nodes - it is not possible to use standard procedural maps like color-correct node from 3DSMax since this nodes won't be available in other 3D platforms and this will break VRmat functionality. Vray has its own version on most of the standard procedural maps as color-correct , checker , noise , falloff and etc so you will be able to create the same materials using Vray-version of that nodes.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

ok thank you

And is it compatible from vray 3.0 for 3dsmax to vray 2 to rhino ? Because as far as I know vray 3 will not come out soon to rhino? so deos it work even if it's a vray 2 version?

Comment

Hi,

As far as i know V-Ray for Rhino is able to read/open both formats Vismat and Vrmat. So you should be able to use your materials on both 3D platforms.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

what is the equivalent in vray for the color correct in max? to color correct the bitmap ? And does the mix of max is supported? if not, what is the equivalent in Vray? And does a Mtl that has let's say a color correct on it will open (with a missing texture because it cannot read the texture that has a color correct from max on it) in Rhino eve if Rhino do not support it? or it will just not open?

Comment

There is a color correction texture in the Vrmat editor. I'm attaching one screenshot.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	851905

You could find Mix Tex there as well.

Comment

Ho ok I see,

I just have the demo of Vray 3 at work for now, I don't see any preview in the vr mat editor, it's a limitation of the demo? And also I try to apply the mtl to my scene and I cannot. also, to copy let's say the diffuse in the bump slot, I cannot nor dragging it.. I have to load it manually again.. it's a pain.., is there any other way do copy it?
              And how I can apply that shader to the mesh in my max scene?

Comment

Hi,

I just have the demo of Vray 3 at work for now, I don't see any preview in the vr mat editor, it's a limitation of the demo?
                It should work, i will make a note to fix this. Thank you for pointing this out.

And how I can apply that shader to the mesh in my max scene?
                You have to create your material using the V-Ray Editor and save it as a file. Then select that Vrmat material in the 3DS Max Material editor and assign it to an object in the scene.

I cannot. also, to copy let's say the diffuse in the bump slot, I cannot nor dragging it.. I have to load it manually again.
                This is limitation for our Material editor at the moment, but we will make a note to improve it on that regard and provide more options. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X