Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spherical Panorama and DOF

Hi,

I am currently researching stereo panorama rendering for the oculus rift. So far, I get what I want with rendering image slices of 3 pixel and stitching them together again with maxscript.
    However, I noticed that if you use the spherical option in the camera rollout of the render window there is no DOF anymore. Am I missing something here? Is it not possible to render DOF with a spherical camera?

Thanks for your help.

Greets Ben

Hey Ben,

I just did some testing myself with 2.40.04 - it seems you're correct that DOF doesn't work with any of the camera types besides Default. Another option might be to render a depth pass and use that to create the DOF in post, that should work although I haven't tried adding DOF to any spherical panoramas...
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Hey Brendan,

Thanks for double checking that on your side. Of course, I will create the DOF effect in post, if thats the way to go. But I wondering why DOF can't be rendered with any of the camera options. That is a bit limiting in some situations. I just wanted to know why that is... maybe it's some sort of technical limitation, that I don't understand right now?!

Comment

Hi,

The DOF effect is supported only for the Standard camera type. Unfortunately the other camera types don't produce depth of field effect at this time.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Wobi View Post
          But I wondering why DOF can't be rendered with any of the camera options. That is a bit limiting in some situations. I just wanted to know why that is...
          Initially it was because I didn't know how to do it. I know now, but we just never got to that - it keeps getting pushed down by other issues.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Any word if this will be implemented in the near future? Running into this issue myself.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              Initially it was because I didn't know how to do it. I know now, but we just never got to that - it keeps getting pushed down by other issues.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I'm trying to render a spherical stereoscopic shot with DOF , is this will even be possible?
              -------------------------------------------------------------
              Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
              Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by M.Max View Post

I'm trying to render a spherical stereoscopic shot with DOF , is this will even be possible?
                Not yet, I'm afraid. We do have an improvement request logged (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12635). I'll add your request to it as well.
                Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X