Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR image into planar VrayLight

Hi!
    I'd like to know which is the "correct" workflow to use planar VrayLight with .hdr texture applied on it.

This is the texture of a commercial library:
    http://www.ossosso.com/scambio/shoot07.JPG

As you can see there are good real information about it and I'd like to use it as real as possible.

My doubt regard:
    -Bitmap Map or VrayHDRI Map?
    -When I load an .hdr image like Bitmap Map an option window appears, I leave all as default or I change something?
    -What about "Resolution" parameter under the Texture panel of the VrayLight settings?
    -Any other option I have to pay attention to?

Thank you very much.

* VrayHDRI
    * Resolution parameters specifies the resolution at which the texture is resampled for importance sampling. Higher value means better/more accurate result.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thank you very much Svetlozar for answering me.
      "Resolution parameters specifies the resolution at which the texture is resampled for importance sampling". Can you clarify me please?

Take a look to this fast wip render:
      http://www.ossosso.com/scambio/shoot08.jpg

There is only a 2mx2m softbox light (vraylight with vrayhdri texture on it). The light is ON and it is quite intense, if I look toward the Softbox light I expect to see a white square, but this is what I see:
      http://www.ossosso.com/scambio/shoot09.jpg
      (Same Camera Exposure parameters for both renders)

Why the softbox appear a lot dark?

Thank you very much!

Comment

You can control the softbox illumination via its Multiplier value, the default value 1 works for camera's without exposure correction, if you are using VrayPhysical Camera with Exposure turned on you have to increase this value.

Importance sampling option allows tracing more rays in the directions where most of the light is coming from. This ensures speed and quality that were never before possible with pure gathering GI methods.
        For optimizations purposes it is possible to use lower size texture for that calculation - the render times will be faster but quality/accuracy will be a bit lower.

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
          You can control the softbox illumination via its Multiplier value, the default value 1 works for camera's without exposure correction, if you are using VrayPhysical Camera with Exposure turned on you have to increase this value.
          Hello svetlozar,

That's some good information; Thank you!
          Is there any further information on softbox in the help files? I cannot seem to find any.

Comment

We are sorry to inform you but SoftBox texture is not included into documentation so far - I'll make a note about it into our system.
            Meanwhile if you have any questions about it you could ask them here.

Comment

Working...
            X