X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious observation with RT / CPU workflows

hello guys .

I am wondering in anyone has seen a similar situation

Set up a very simple scene with dome light / vray / vray mtls.
    What i am curious about is that i see a slight difference(shadow strength and light intensity) with rendering production vs RTgpu. the difference only shows with vray sun turned 'on' ...meaning i get same results (good) between renders if using only dome light and exr image.
    Is this a known bug of some kind of special way vray sun interacts with the scene in cpu vs how it does it wit the gpu
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gpu vs cpu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	358.1 KB
ID:	879964

murphys law i guess . i think i found the error in the rt engine used . i was using open cl on nvidia gpu's . switched to cuda and prob seemed to vanish

hopefully this can someone else
    Andre

Comment

alright . it seems to be a bug . has anyone seen this situation before . meaning rendering w cpu production render is different that rtgpu even if all supported features are used.

Comment

I've actually had similar problems with Cuda GPUs as well: slightly darker renders. I assumed it had to do with the adaptive DMC settings (optimized for fast AA). I wouldn't mind a little explanation, or a link to one, of how RT is different from the standard production renderer in terms of DMC and AA. Initially, I had the feeling it wasn't intended to be adaptive (I thought the whole point was for it not be adaptive, just dumb brute power), but now I'm not sure - apparently they've made it adaptive, but perhaps it doesn't work quite the same as the CPU, so the settings for the lights and such need to be different...don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by abowen View Post
          Is this a known bug of some kind of special way vray sun interacts with the scene in cpu vs how it does it wit the gpu
          Which V-Ray version?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vray 3.0 nvidia gpu's , max 2014. .... from my knocking around ,it seems like the dome light integration is perfect and works when this is only exterior light.. but my workflow has a vray sun additionally for stronger shadows... this vray sun light is not being added in RT process. weird !

Comment

Working...
            X