Light's alpha in combustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light's alpha in combustion

Ok this should be simple I assume I'm missing something obvious.... searched the forum couldn't find any thing......

I'm rendering out as an RPF file.... I have alll g buffers checked etc......

All the files work in combustion however one small issue... If i'm appling an effect(eg blur) to a matID and the light is physically in front of the material... I get a black circle where the light is.... Any idea why this is.... some alpha issue i assume....

Cheers.....

Jim
    ------------------------------------------------
    JimmyTheSaint

Most likely because there is no information on what is behind your light (or any other objects occluding). Try checking "render occluded objects" in the object property window ( I have no idea if vray supports this), or just render them out in different passes manually. This could also have to do with vray not supporting the coverage channel (yet) which is used to antialias g-buffer information.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

Well, vray produces g-buffer informatiion that is not multi-layered (scanliner introduced the muti-layered G-buffer in 3ds max 4). This is like working with 1 bit alpha channels if objets are infront of other objects.

Daniel
      Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Working...
      X