Speeding up Rendering with stored maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding up Rendering with stored maps

So I have a stored irradiance map I'm using tha is about 25MB. I'm trying to speed up the render times but I dont have many options. This is an exterior of a large complex of buildings so they have some glass -about 40% and the rest is non-reflective materials. Each frame is taking over 20minutes though and is at 720x480! I have seen it go faster with my image sampling at low settings but I really need Adaptive subd = min1, max2 at the very least. Are there any other things I can do to speed up the render times?
    Carlos Grande
    www.hypertecture.com

can you show a frame please?

Comment

Cant show a frame because the project has not yet been released by my cleint but I an tell you that when image sampling is changed to -1/0 it speeds through it in 2 minutes or less. I set the image sampling to 1/3 at one point and it took half an hour. I have glass in 25% of the image and metal panelling with glossy reflections that takes up 10% of the image. The glossy reflections subd are set to 5. My max maximum ray bounces is set to 6. LAstly there is displacement of grass in 10% of the rendering.
      What else can I give to help access the situation?
      Carlos Grande
      www.hypertecture.com

Comment

use fixed rate antialiasing, that can help a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X