PSD manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
    I don't know what Cut-out mode is or REs. I just use the masked layers in PS
    Cut-Out mode is one of the various output modes PSDM offers for Scene Layers / ObjectIDs / MatIDs. If you haven't yet, try it
    By "REs" I meant Render Elements output (and the options that come with it)
    Nicolas Caplat
    www.intangibles.fr

Comment

I just render my stills with RE and then render out individual mattes with the Rendermask script. Since the mattes only take a minute or two tops you can do as many of these as you need.
      Colin Senner

Comment

Okay, I watched the PSD videos. I get it, but I like all my layers to be automatically masked. I alse use the Render Elemetns
        Originally posted by NicoC View Post
        Cut-Out mode is one of the various output modes PSDM offers for Scene Layers / ObjectIDs / MatIDs. If you haven't yet, try it
        By "REs" I meant Render Elements output (and the options that come with it)
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I have also been in contact with the CTO of Ranch Computing in the mean time. Main pain points mentioned by them are easier deployment of the plugin to the server farm and as expected assembling the PSD from the rendered strips. The first one is mostly resolved already (as all really needed to install psd-manager is to copy the plugin - nothing else) and the second will take a while.

In general I feel some expected resistance by render farm providers to install smaller plugins, as each one needs to be maintained by them and will only be used by a portion of their clients. And in the case of psd-manager don't immediately understand that this is not just another file format plugin that can be replaced with some PNGs.

Daniel
          Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Hello Dan

Good news you're in touch with several render farms guys ! let's hope we'll get some solid solution one day
            About PSDM deployment, I guess we can hardly find a plugin easier to install ... so that's definitely not the problem indeed.

If need anything to continue convincing them, let us know.

Thanks again,

Cheers.
            Nicolas Caplat
            www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Working...
            X