Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background environment map not refracting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background environment map not refracting?

Hello guys,

How do you get to have the environment map to refract inside a refractive object, I've tried everything from placing the map in the vray environment refraction/reflection override to the environment of the material but as in the example below with the sphere having a refractive material, it comes out entirely transparent, the environment map is a simple screen (not spherical).

Am i missing a step?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Files

I think that's the default behaviour. You could create a projection plane and align and link it to your camera, then place it behind your objects and camera map the image on. That should refract correctly.
    Rens Heeren
    Generalist
    WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Originally posted by Rens View Post
      I think that's the default behaviour. You could create a projection plane and align and link it to your camera, then place it behind your objects and camera map the image on. That should refract correctly.
      Thanks, but I was hoping you wouldn't say that , well then if there's no other way then this must be the solution for now.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Comment

Ignore this post I'm an idiot.

*edit* I thought it would work if you use a Domelight, but after a quick test it seems that the vray dome light comepletly ignores the screen mode option using just a bitmap or the bitmap within an vRayHDRI Map
        Last edited by Mokiki; 05-12-2014, 03:18 AM.
        Cheers,
        Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Working...
        X