No announcement yet.

Distributed Rendering over the Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use hamachi for a virtual network, every computer will have an IP for that new VN then at home you use the new ip for the BB manager and for vray licenses if you need it.
    show me the money!!

Comment

regarding Matador if I remember well is Maxwell base rendering system.... you upload the geometry and they have their own library material and assets.
      show me the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
        I use hamachi for a virtual network, every computer will have an IP for that new VN then at home you use the new ip for the BB manager and for vray licenses if you need it.
        This sounds interesting, how did you configure it, have you actually tried to render something over the internet without remote desktop?

So for example, do you see your render nodes in the bb monitor over the internet?
        Last edited by artmaknev; 04-04-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Yes, you can see the render nodes .... It works exactly like you are at your work place. Make sure that you set the ip of the bb manager when you send it and inside of bb monitor as well......having a VN also allows you use Microsoft remote control if you want.... But again you have to use the IPs of your VN. To transfer files and control my nodes from home I use logmein ignition, I can turn on computers remotely if at least one of the computers remains ON.
          Last edited by flino2004; 04-04-2015, 11:04 PM.
          show me the money!!

Comment

all you need is a vpn network to your office and you can then work at home and use vray (dongle) over the vpn network. you could also render and use distributed rendering... but this is slow as mentioned before...

best regards
            themaxxer
            Pixelschmiede GmbH
            www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

What I do is I use teamviewer to connect either from work to home or vice versa. Works like a charm, though it lags a tiny bit sometimes with scenes of +10 000 000 polygons. You have all the assets you need, where you need them. It's easy and fast. And you can copy paste between both computers, which is nice.
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

You could also use a Dropbox folder on both/all machines as your main project folder, so automatically any files you are working on, including renders being dropped in, will automatically be available to all machines on the fly. I have fibre broadband at home and in the studio for this reason, when I need it.
                Alex York
                Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

depends how fast your internet is. We had issues a long time ago when we only had 100/100 lan speeds.
                  WerT
                  www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I have Hamchi installed and am able to see my work PC under my network but I cant get backburner to recognize it.
                    Could someone that has successfully got this to work guide through the steps?

I noticed there are 3 options for Hamach "Gateway Net working" "Hub-and-Spoke Networking" and "Mesh Networking" which one should I be using?

I would really appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
                    Thomas A. Edison

Comment

i don't remeber the gateway settings (i left it to default)
                      what you have to do in the backburner servers and managers, is to use the IP addresses of hamachi
                      and that on all you servers/workstations

it should work fine !

Comment

I use mesh....copy the Ipv4 that you have for your BB manager and use that Ip when you send the job in max...go the settings and use the IP in there.
                        You should be able to see all the render nodes.
                        show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
                        X