Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean Ambient Occclusion bake

Guys,

Would love some help on this. I am trying to bake out an ambient occlusion pass on some models but am not getting the desired result.

So I apply a vray dirt to the diffuse channel of a vray material and apply to objects. I then go to render to texture and use vraycompletemap using the diffuse channel option. It renders ok but I'm not getting AO as I see it. I'm getting more than AO effect on render. How do I get a clean flat AO texture?

Kind Regards

Michael

Can you post the texture and the render so we can see it?

Comment

Hi,

Please see attached examples.

I have found a solution to my problem. Still interested if I'm taking the long way round here. Or if my solution is good workflow.

1. Vray dirt implemented in a render element pass. This is to show contrast in color I want.
      2. Vray dirt plugged into diffuse channel and baked out. Very gray and not clearly showing occluded vs non occluded.
      3. Vray dirt plugged into diffuse and illumination channel.

Maybe a Vray light material is better?

Michael
      Attached Files

Comment

could you also do a dirtmap in a vrayambientlight, and bake out the lighting?

Comment

Either put it in a light material so you don't get any lighting information from the scene or just use vraydiffusefilter(I think that is what it is called) when you bake to only bake the dirt.

Comment

Working...
          X