No announcement yet.

Fly-through and DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, it's not easy to see if I have 10-20% overlap in the geometry, anyway, I will try...

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
    if you are rendering the imap locally (with DR if you want) you can just calculate the first bit of the sequence with 10 or whatever for the nth frame, then with the imap still in ram, set the next set of frames going with the smaller nth frame number.

you could also manually type in a frame list if you are submitting to backburner. im not sure if there is a syntax in the frames to render dialogue that lets you specify "render frames 0-200 @ every x nth frames, then render frame 200-300@ y nth frames.
    Ok, I see what you mean... And if I have already rendering my IR for the entire animation (from 0 to 500 frames) every 10th and I need to refine from frame 250 to frame 350 every 5th ? At the end of my first IR rendering, before saving it or anyway if I have already save it , can I just have to render again with the 5th from 250 to 350 frames, then save it again and it will be ok ? I will have a merged Irmap between 10th & 5th for my entire animation ?
    If this occurs, do I have to specify to render in my new timeline, from 250 to 350 ?
    Sorry, not easy to explain !! Hope to be understand !!
    (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

yes you can do that, however, if you have done other stuff since calculating the imap, it will no longer be in memory.

since there is no "load and incremental add" option in vray, you have to workaround.

if you set to "from file" and do a render, even with "dont render final image" ticked, it will load the imap into ram.

then you go to "incremental add" and set your frame range and nth number, and render the extra gi frames you need.

that way to can add missing bits/more detail to an already calculated imap.

you can also merge imaps using imapviewer, but unless it has changed, its not as efficent, as it doesnt consider where existing samples are when merging a new imap, so you end up with loads of extra samples in any overlapping areas, which leads to big maps.

you also dont get the benefit of speedup where vray doesnt calculate surfaces that have already been sampled, which you get using "incremental add"

wrt. the overlap.. just make sure there is an overlap. the smaller the overlap the less frames you have to do, but the more risk of missing something. tbh every 15th or 20th frame is usually fine for a normal slow flythrough cam.

since vray is quite smart about ignoring areas that are already calculated, a bigger overlap isnt such a time killer in the end though.
      Last edited by super gnu; 06-09-2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot super gnu !! you make my day !!
        (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Working...
        X