No announcement yet.

Bloom and Glare fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah neil i was about to ask how you used optical flares given that you guys use fusion....
    we are have tried sapphire but prefer the look of the presets in optical flares

iv been using the VFB for interiors for glare fx, works ok. also tried arion fx which wasnt bad but a bit overkill.

Comment

The extra step is worth it!

Comment

you can save separate glare and bloom elements from VFB. its rgb plus full strengh glare/bloom so just substract rgb to have clean effect.
        masking - there is 'lens effect source' render element that helps with masking right brightness for effects.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Neilg View Post
          The extra step is worth it!

That is very nice.

I am curious if you looked at any other options that worked directly in Fusion?

Comment

We did, I've used a few in the past (sapphire & frischluft) but on this animation we've got 40 odd shots to complete so it's best if the whole team has a copy of fusion - meaning instead of our 2 paid floating licenses for 6, we've gone over to the free version of 7 to do the bulk of the work. The free version doesn't support plugins, so we're looking at an extra $1k each for anything that works as a plugin straight in fusion.

There's also the simple fact that this looks better than any other flare plugin i've used - it's incredibly easy to make super beautiful custom flares, there's a richness and detail to them which i've never seen before. I would still be using this with the extra steps over any other option i've seen in the past, even if cost didn't come into it at all.
            Last edited by Neilg; 14-10-2015, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post
              you can save separate glare and bloom elements from VFB. its rgb plus full strengh glare/bloom so just substract rgb to have clean effect.
              masking - there is 'lens effect source' render element that helps with masking right brightness for effects.
              I am new to Fusion and would appreciate a bit of newby help... what node do I use to subtract the RGB from the Glare pass?

Comment

Originally posted by crazy homeless guy View Post
                I am new to Fusion and would appreciate a bit of newby help... what node do I use to subtract the RGB from the Glare pass?
                I think I got it... ChannelBoolean

Comment

The Optical flares look great, will have a look into those me thinks! If you're doing stills and want something fairly quick and easy I've done a few test's with the Arion FX recently and it works great with your base renders (Full Float 32bit exr). I've been using it with lighting and specular passes as well to get nice little glints and blooms and then adding over the top. Worth a look! link below:

http://www.randomcontrol.com/arionfx-for-photoshop
                  http://www.the-neighbourhood.com

Comment

Working...
                  X