Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python Access - Vray Scene

Hi,

I've been experimenting with python access to translated V-Ray scenes within Maya. Seems super powerful but I've hit a couple of walls.

- Is it possible to perform operations on sub-objects within an alembic cache reference? A cache with 100 robots for example, I would want to drive shader assignments via wildcards and introduce some variation.

- Is there are way to feed unassigned shaders into the vrscene so they can be accessed? I've tried importing a VRMat with limited success, is there a better way?

I'm sure there will be more questions but some help with these should propel me along.

Drew
    Drew Wood-Davies
    Head Of Lighting & Look-Development | Method Studios | Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by Druski View Post
    - Is it possible to perform operations on sub-objects within an alembic cache reference? A cache with 100 robots for example, I would want to drive shader assignments via wildcards and introduce some variation.
    I don't think this is possible in the Post translate script, but probably you could do this using MEL/Python before hitting the render/export button.

Originally posted by Druski View Post
    - Is there are way to feed unassigned shaders into the vrscene so they can be accessed? I've tried importing a VRMat with limited success, is there a better way?
    Have you checked if the exportMaterial function suits your needs?
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
    X