Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spherical HDRi Projection onto Geometry

Hi

Is it possible in Vray ? If so, how does it work ? I have tried a few approaches but nothing is working.

The HDRi is added to the environment slot so that I can see it in the viewport. But, when I add a piece of geometry to the scene - the projected hdri shows the opposite side of the hdri, the scale is also wrong.

I'm sure there is something basic that I am not doing so, any help would be great.

Thanks

N
    Last edited by Infrared digital; 22-10-2015, 04:33 AM. Reason: Adding more info
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Max does that out of the box. Assuming that you mean to reproject a panorama onto geometry resembling the contents.

From the top of my head:
    Select all objects, apply a UVW map modifier set to spherical. Place the gizmo where the pano-head was

Cheers,
    Thorsten

Comment

That's not working unfortunately, have to have a look at it when I have some time.
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Works fine here. The only thing to keep in mind is, that you need sufficient subdivisions on your geo as UVs are a vertex channel obviously. So it's not like a camera map projection that does not care about the geo.

Cheers,
        Thorsten

Comment

Are you using a spherical image in the environment slot so that you can see the image in the viewport ?
          www.morphic.tv
          www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Ok, I managed to get that working thanks Thorsten !

The only thing is, how do I align the map on the geometry to match the environment ?
            www.morphic.tv
            www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Actually, I got it sort thanks for your help Thorsten !!
              www.morphic.tv
              www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X