Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vismat vs vrmat?

Hi all

Are these the same thing? Can I load a vismat into a VRayVRmatMtl? If not, how can I get a vismat into max?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Originally posted by Morne View Post
    Hi all

Are these the same thing? Can I load a vismat into a VRayVRmatMtl? If not, how can I get a vismat into max?
    Yes, you can load a vismat into a VRayVRmatMtl. As far as I understand, vismat is just an older version of vrmat.

I think Vrmat is for Vray 3.0 and newer, where vismat was for apps like Rhino and SketchUP

Comment

I believe what you can load will depend on where it came from. A vismat or vrmat from SU will need to have a vrayBRDF layer in it to have anything to load. The default materials in SU don't translate as they are organized in a different way than max materials. AFAIK, any vismat prior to vray for SU 2.0 cannot be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
        Hi all

VRayVRmatMtl can load both file formats .vismat and .vrmat and both will be rendered just fine.
        If you have any issues with any of them please inform us.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

In Sketchup with VRay as well as Rhino with VRay, can I export all the used materials one shot as seperate vismats or do I have to do it one by one?
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Yeap, you can do that by:

1.Purge Unused materials
            2.Pack all materials

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-49-40.png
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	858879

The first option will remove all unused materials in the scene and the second option will export all materials to a separate archive files.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Cool thanks!
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Working...
              X