No announcement yet.

Ok it´s 16. June today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some prefer to work instead of trying all the new beta stuff.
    Thats the problem, some fanboys here seem to have to much time to play around.
    It´s ok for them, but please keep in mind that this does not mean it´s ok for everyone.
    Your comment about "fanboys" with too much time on their hands is really offensive. I currently prefer to work with the beta version because I have tested it, and it allows me to do a lot more in the 50+ hours I work every week. That is my choice, and I understand that that doesn't work for everyone either. Try to keep this professional, and refrain from the namecalling.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

this was done for a 3dluvr contest. i remember thinking. hmmm. how many polys can vray handle. so i cranked up all the meshsmooths and subdivisions in the scene till i had about 4 million polys or so. rendered in about 7 minutes i think with SSS as well as you can see in some areas (pre-interpolated glossies) i think this was done with 1.08x version and rendered smooth like butter with no crashing or anything. as far as i know zerofractal also has been doing high poly scenes for quite some time as well breaching the 1 million mark. im not too sure how high poly scenes could be stopping productions when others breach the mark lots of times.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

this was done for a 3dluvr contest. i remember thinking. hmmm. how many polys can vray handle. so i cranked up all the meshsmooths and subdivisions in the scene till i had about 4 million polys or so. rendered in about 7 minutes i think with SSS as well as you can see in some areas (pre-interpolated glossies) i think this was done with 1.08x version and rendered smooth like butter with no crashing or anything. as far as i know zerofractal also has been doing high poly scenes for quite some time as well breaching the 1 million mark. im not too sure how high poly scenes could be stopping productions when others breach the mark lots of times.

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Your comment about "fanboys" with too much time on their hands is really offensive. I currently prefer to work with the beta version because I have tested it, and it allows me to do a lot more in the 50+ hours I work every week. That is my choice, and I understand that that doesn't work for everyone either. Try to keep this professional, and refrain from the namecalling.

Namecalling?

If the shoe fits.... or like we say in germany "wem der schuh passt der soll ihn sich anziehen".

I have no time to play around with vray hair, displacement, and render out example scenes for any new feature.
          I have not even much time to write here (right now work is over for today and im sitting at home).

So what i want to say is, i don´t need 80% of the new Vray features i need a few bugfixes, channel support and DR.

Comment

going against each other doenst makes any sense, you loose only friendship, respect.
            And, it doesnt bring closer the release date, whatever is behind the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by losbellos
              going against each other doenst makes any sense, you loose only friendship, respect.
              And, it doesnt bring closer the release date, whatever is behind the delay.
              Short and to the point, well put

-dave
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I prefer "V-Ray Enthusiast" thanks
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

losbellos: you have a good point. I'll stop posting in this thread now before I start calling people names too
                  Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

So what i want to say is, i don´t need 80% of the new Vray features i need a few bugfixes, channel support and DR.
                    Ah, but we still have to code those new features you know My life would have been a lot easier too, if I didn't bother with any new stuff at all, but we don't really have much of a choice if we want VRay to compete successfully with other solutions.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                      I prefer "V-Ray Enthusiast" thanks
                      :P

paul.

Comment

hmm

My life would have been a lot easier too
                        Ähhh, sorry vlado. But i love that you make your live more difficult

Well. sure i seem to be a fanboy too here. And i can understand all guy´s that want to have the new version after waiting much longer than said.

At last as Vlado sais, in chaos point of view, there are not very much choices, and at last when you get this beta to your hands, you´ll see, that with all known issus, allready now you would throw your 1.09 out of the window.

the point is thru. Chaos now only has to finis the job. they know well, that people are getting tiered of waiting. And they do their best. And as far as i can see, their best is one of the best of all softwarepices.

So please let´s stop punishing. At last i think each one should be able to see the others arguments, no need to get personal.

it´s comming soon now i am sure.

Tom

Comment

Well

maybe everyone: leave the forum, turn of the computer, phone your wife, tell her you love her, take a cold shower or try to make as sweet babys as i do ( i am very good in this ).

live´s nice

Comment

Ah, but we still have to code those new features you know My life would have been a lot easier too, if I didn't bother with any new stuff at all, but we don't really have much of a choice if we want VRay to compete successfully with other solutions.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            of course!
                            but you have to come to a point sometimes.

make one version final (vray has not one really final version yet) and then begin to code new stuff.

Comment

As far as I know, anyone who wanted to play with the 1.45x version just had to ask via an email. Unfortunately someone leaked it and a cracked version was found on the internet. Seems strange to close the barn after all the horses have already escaped but oh well...

I have access to the 1.45x, but couldn't use it as I was using max 6. Since it has been released, I STILL haven't it cause I dont feel like getting a new auth code. Im fine with the version Im using.

I agree about the DR for max 6. I cant honestly think of a good reason that it wasn't fixed pronto before doing ANYTHING else, but Im sure vlado knows its importance and I trust what he's doing.

Does that make me a fanboi? nope... If vray wasn't the best for me, I wouldn't be using it...period. If that situation changes in the future, Im gone...easy as that.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Jesus i go away for a week and it feels like a month ... chill out people
                                Natty
                                http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X