• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natty!!!!

Yeah its been crazy!!

Comment

Originally posted by natty
      Jesus i go away for a week and it feels like a month ... chill out people
      hehehe......yeah, a virtual riot burst on this forum....you got your hands full, moderator :P
      see what happens if you leave for a while?....things get out of control :P :P

paul.

Comment

what is out of control?

if someone dares to write critics it´s like saying "god sucks" at the vatican?

always the same who write "be patient all will be great. cool down".

im hearing for 8 month that DR is coming soon to max 6.

now im hearing from "elite user" be patient im working with it it´s great! for over a month.

but first you have no clue if DR is working well and second you have no clue when it will be available for normal paying mortals.

where is (for us mortals) the unlimited image output, the unlimited geometry, the opacity slots, the g-channels, good working DR (not only one some setups) that was promised for v1.1?
        please don´t say we only have to write emails to get the internal build.
        there are a few guys who complain that they got no answer and don´t understand why they are not allowed to test the internal builds.

people demanding a final and solid version since 1.1 was announced.
        the problem is, they make not as much noise as the "fanboys" who praise every new beta feature, no matter if it is usefull for their own work or not.

i have other toys to play with.

vray IS a great renderer, no question.
        but im not blind and i see whats not so great and i dare to say it.

we will see what happens when max 7 is out.

Comment

im hearing for 8 month that DR is coming soon to max 6. but first you have no clue if DR is working well and second you have no clue when it will be available for normal paying mortals.
          I should point out that there is the "render strips" feature in 3dsmax 6; it works more or less *exactly* like the VRay DR, the difference is that VRay renders the image in buckets, and not in strips. Further on, it works with *any* renderer, not just VRay, and is more reliable (after all, discreet coded it and they know their network code better than us).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vlado with all respect.

if you buy a cabrio and you notice the mechanism who opens the hartop is not working, what would you think if the salesman tells you "you can walk in the sun! its´healthy plus you will meet nice people while walking".

you know what i mean?

there are a few shortcomings of the render stripes feature, beside that some bought the advanced version BECAUSE of DR.

Comment

vlado with all respect.

if you buy a cabrio and you notice the mechanism who opens the hartop is not working, what would you think if the salesman tells you "you can walk in the sun! its´healthy plus you will meet nice people while walking".

you know what i mean?

there are a few shortcomings of the render stripes feature, beside that some bought the advanced version BECAUSE of DR.
              Hehe I hope the VRay case is not *that* extreme Still, we are working on the DR and it will be there in the next beta stage.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Damn I was in a shitty mood yesterday (not because of this thread)

Sorry about poncing on your post Janus. I understand your frustrations, but I guess I just added fuel to the fire.
                Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

I have to agree with Vlado - guys tell me one reason why you need DR in Max6 when we have that "render stripes" feature. Also please calm down and please try to remember what Chaos prosmissed for the 1.1 FINAL - we already GOT much more we paid for and this is reality -> I recommend everyones to focus on their work and don't just "shoot around" ... try to be better with actuall build and learn things you still don't know and I am sure there are plenty of those !

peace out

jan

Comment

Originally posted by Janus Rölder
                    what is out of control?

if someone dares to write critics it´s like saying "god sucks" at the vatican?
                    janus, I was just joking about the "out of control" comment.....incase you didn't notice the " :P ".......I do happent to agree with you on some of your points...and to a degree share the current sense of frustration that many are feeling.

But at the same time I trust that peter and vlado know what they are doing for the next release......and try to focus on my production work and make good with the current version of vray....

paul.

Comment

Originally posted by honzal
                      Also please calm down and please try to remember what Chaos prosmissed for the 1.1 FINAL - we already GOT much more we paid for......
                      jan
                      Only if you have the beta....

Comment

Also please calm down and please try to remember what Chaos prosmissed for the 1.1 FINAL - we already GOT much more we paid for and this is reality

Maybe you can post a list was was promised for 1.1.
                        From the list that i remember are still some things missing.

And like people wrote before, some post effects will not work with render stripes.

I see no reason to tell us to calm down.
                        I think this is a corrrect conversation without flames.
                        If some guys run havoc when a new beta feature is revealed, then others should be allowed to critizise.

Comment

Hehe I hope the VRay case is not *that* extreme Still, we are working on the DR and it will be there in the next beta stage.
                          Vlado

Just to check, if DR is going to be in the next 'beta' version, what is the 'realistic' time scale for the final release?

Cheers

Neil

Comment

http://web.archive.org/web/200210030...nder.com/home/

That's the original list as far as I can tell. There is one earlier version, but that doesn't have instanced geometry on it. It does have the release date for April 2002 though, I guess that was a "bit" off

As far as I can tell the missing features are:
                            1. DR support for max6 users (strictly not on the list, but I'll include it)
                            2. network licencing for all users

You have to agree that there are a lot of things that are not on this list in 1.09.03n/r. That is why, for me at least since I'm still using max 5.1, I have had the 1.1 I was promised for a long time, and everything I get now is just a bonus.

But what do I know.. I'm just a fanboy running havoc so I'm not entitled to an opinion. Maybe I would feel differently if like Janus and you I was using max 6 and needed DR every day.
                            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

And like people wrote before, some post effects will not work with render stripes.
                              They won't work with VRay DR either (they never had) - for technical reasons.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

but i heard that, for example, glow will work fine with vray but if you use region rendering it is applied to every part of the image and then look wrong if stitched toogether. same should be true for every post effect that is applied after the rendering is finished?!

i admit, i don´t know if this was a brazil DR script problem or if it also true for render stripes.

also some people reported problems with selfcoded post effects, which are applied to the final image, when using render stripes but they work well with finalrenders DR.

what about distributing the irradiance map per bucket?
                                will it work with render stripes correctly?
                                or will there be seams?

Comment

Working...
                                X